To create a new field proceed to the fields list and click on the "New" button. A new field form will open:
Below is the list of all available field settings and its descriptions.
- Title – the title of the field. It will help you to identify the field in the list of fields (for example in competition settings) if you use the same label for several fields.
- Type – the list of field types. The field types are described here.
- State – the state of the field: published, unpublished or trashed.
- Label - the label tag.
- Hint – a text inside the field input. The 'placeholder' attribute.
- Description – the description for the field. The 'description' attribute.
- Filter – this will sanitise a user input. The 'filter' attribute.
You can set the following filter types:
STRING – converts the input to a plain text string; strips all tags / attributes
INT – uses the first integer value
UINT - the first unsigned integer value
FLOAT - uses the first floating point value
SAFEHTML - removes unsafe tags and attributes
URL - removes all the symbols not related to URL
TEL – removes all the symbols not related to phone number
USER_UTC - converts a date to UTC based on the user timezone offset
SERVER_UTC - converts a date to UTC based on the server timezone offset
Text Filters - use text filter settings from system's global configuration
If you use the field of type 'Calendar' without the time then use the STRING filter. Otherwise the date will be converted incorrectly.
- Visible - show or hide the field in the list of participant fields.
- Required - include the 'required' attribute.
- Class – the class or several classes separated with the blank space. The 'class' attribute.
- Size - the size of the field. The 'size' attribute.
- Maxlength - the maximum input symbols for the field. The 'maxlength' attribute.
- Nofollow - enable or disable nofollow for the field. The 'nofollow' attribute is used for the 'URL' field.
- Width - the width of the field in cols. The 'cols' attribute.
- Height - the height of the field in rows. The 'rows' attribute.
- Autofocus - the autofocus for the field. The 'autofocus' attribute.
- Autocompelete - enable or disable autocomplete for field. The 'autocomplete' attribute.
- Format - the date and time format for the field. Is used for the 'Calendar' field.
The most frequently used date string codes:
%d - day (0-365); %m - month (1-12); %Y - year (for example, 2015)
%H - hours; %M - minutes; %S – seconds
More information you can get on the page https://docs.joomla.org/Calendar_form_field_type