How to see only a few categories

3 years 4 days ago #134
Topic Author
's Avatar
How to see only a few categories

Hello,

I have two queries:
- I want to show a few categories only but the moment I select them at second level the parent category is selected and shown in the menu. Example, I have a "Man" category which contains "Computers", "Education" etc. I want to show "Computers", "Education" as menu items but it shows "Main".

- Can I show articles in JMPTree menu at the last level, i.e. beyond the last level of categories.

Thanks
Amal

3 years 3 days ago #137
Re: How to see only a few categories

Unfortunately it is not possible to choose child items without parent items.

Can I show articles in JMPTree menu at the last level, i.e. beyond the last level of categories.

What do you mean by showing articles?

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

3 years 3 days ago #138
Topic Author
's Avatar

Sorry for the typo, what I meant is "can I show have menu items pointing to articles at the leaf level'. The menu shows all categories but I want to show the links to actual articles in each category in the menu itself.

I had specifically created a "Main" category earlier so that I could use a another menu extension to show all all categories inside that. Do you think you can make provision in JMBTree to show any level of categories, i.e. child items only.

Thanks
Amal

3 years 2 days ago #139

Ok I see now what you mean. We will look into it and see what we can do about it.

Thanks!

3 years 2 days ago #140

Hello amsharma,
You can exclude categories or menu items via special param. It's available below items list which depends from menu type:

Exclude menu items (specify ID, comma separated) - menu items
Exclude categories (specify ID, comma separated) - categories tree

Please let me know if the problem is problem.

Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

3 years 2 days ago #141
Topic Author
's Avatar

@Eugene What you suggested works but I have issue with changes to menu look & feel. I have attached two images for you to compare. When I was using "Main" the second level menu & all subsequent levels were clean and aligned. If I remove the top level menu, all the second level menu's start piling up and overlap the menus below them - see second image named "MainMenuNotPresent.jpg".

Thanks
Amal

2 years 11 months ago #142
Topic Author
's Avatar

Hello,

I wanted to know if you will be able to improve the extension so that even if I start from second level for a vertical menu it will show one menu per line and show all sub-levels aligned. I assume there is some issue in the extension. Let me know if you will be working on it, if yes then in approximately how much time can we expect an improved version.

Thanks
Amal

2 years 11 months ago #143

Amal, did you try to use Module Class Suffix in the Advanced tab and set it to jmb-tree-right ?

Thanks!

2 years 11 months ago #144
Topic Author
's Avatar

Dmitry, yes Module Class Suffix is jmb-tree-right. I checked by removing it but it made no difference to the menu. In case you need to know I am using Favourite template by www.favthemes.com , which is a responsive template and I am using Firefox 38.0 browser.

2 years 11 months ago #145

Hello Amal,
Please provide a link on the page where we can see this issue alive.

Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update