JMB Tree and module type for wbAMP

1 month 2 days ago #1912
Topic Author

I am using wbAMP from weeblr as extension for creating AMP pages for the site. wbAMP is basing any menus in the AMP-version on menu modules created with Joomla's module type "Menu".

JMB Tree has module type "JMB Tree Pro" and can hence not be picked up by wbAMP and the AMP-pages. Is there any way to assign JMB Tree the type "Menu"?

I do however assume that in order for this to work it has to strictly adhere to the data structures, css and script standards for Joomla's menu module, otherwise it won't work for wbAMP anyway?!

Last edit: 1 month 2 days ago by Håkan Johansson.
The topic has been locked.
1 month 2 days ago #1913

Hi Håkan,

wbAMP is a 3rd party extension. Sorry to say, but we never worked with it. I have been examined the official site and did not find any information for developers in the documentation that might help in adapting custom extensions to meet wbAMP requirements (if it is possible at all). So, it is better to contact wbAMP developers.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
1 month 2 days ago #1916
Topic Author

I have been in contact with them now. As you say, they are built upon the structure of the Joomla internal menu module type. Menues that don't follow it's structure will probably not work. We've worked out a [temporary] solution that uses JMB Tree Pro as usual and then add and publish a Joomla menu on a position that doesn't exist in the [Protostar] template. Then the visitors will only see the JMB Tree Pro menues but wbAMP will see the hidden Joomla menu and build the AMP menu based on that.

How robust this solution is, I don't know. Right now I'm trying to get google AMP tester to find and validate it.

For the time being the setup can be seen at test2.mb219.com .

1 month 21 hours ago #1921

Well, if it works well, the solution is good enough :-)
Thank you for sharing your experience with wbAMP and JMB Tree Pro.

I am closing the ticket now.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update