Desktop and mobile menues in Joomla Protostar's "Navigation" position

6 months 4 days ago #1917
Topic Author

My present Joomla installation, https://[xxxx2].mb219.com, based on Protostar and two JMB Tree Pro menus (one for desktop and one for mobile/handheld) works as I like except for one thing, they are in Protostar's banner position. Menues "should" be in position 1, "Navigation".

Right now it doesn't matter but I may include banners in the future and then I assume I will have to move the menues and then I will stumble into the problems found below and in https://[xxxx].mb219.com.

If I have the desktop Dropdown menu in position 1 and the mobile/tablet Offcanvas menu in banner position:
- Looks good for desktop visitors
- Mobile visitors will see Protostar's mobile "hamburger" menu in position 1 as well as JMB Tree Pro's "hamburger" underneath, in the banner position. Not good.

If I have both menues in position 1 it looks good for desktop visitors. Mobile/tablets users again get two "hamburgers" and the menue disappears (see attached picture "jmb-tree-pro-position-1_181220.jpg"). Even worse. (this is how https://[xxxx].mb219.com is setup right now)

If I use Dropdown menu for desktop/mobile/tablet in position 1, it looks good for desktop visitors (obviously) but results in a messy menu for the other two types of visitors (see picture jmb-tree-pro-position-1-dropdown_181220.jpg)

I have been fiddling around for hours with different menu alternatives and am now out of ideas. Any suggestion on how to solve this, preferable with the alternatives I prefer, Dropdown and Offcanvas?

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Håkan Johansson.
The topic has been locked.
6 months 2 days ago #1920

Hi Håkan,

It happens due to Protostar structure - the template already has a mobile version for menu position and the script sets height automatically to nav-collapse. Finally, the effect is: inserting a mobile menu inside of another mobile menu causes the conflict. There shouldn't be a custom menu module
To solve your issue, please use another template position.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
6 months 2 days ago #1922
Topic Author

Ok, I understand. Thanks!

6 months 20 hours ago #1923

Hi Håkan,
You are welcome! :-)

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update