Gallery Width

5 months 4 weeks ago #1924
Topic Author
Gallery Width

Hi I have just bought magic slideshow for zoo but the gallery layout which I need will not load in the Media (side) position. It will load in the Description "main body" position but I really need the gallery to be on the right hand side of the screen (approx 33% of the screen) and the text in the main body (the remaining width). I need 1 image at the top, with thumbnails below it. You can see how it currently looks here:
www.stayattheopen2020.co.uk/component/zoo/item/downs-cottage

The topic has been locked.
5 months 4 weeks ago #1925
Gallery Width

Hi David,
Please send credentials to your site to examine the problem. You can use confidential tag here or send the credentials at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
5 months 3 weeks ago #1926
Gallery Width

Hi David,
I have examined your website. There is not an issue - the task you need is template customization.
You should modify the layout of ZOO App Product catalog:
- Assign Magic slideshow to another position, let it be media.
- Keep the description position as it is.
- Go to FTP and modify the layout of full item view: add 30% width for media position and 70% for description.
The layout can be modified here:
/YOURSITE/media/zoo/applications/[appname]/templates/uikit/item.php

The knowledge of CSS/HTML markup is required.

Thanks!
5 months 3 weeks ago #1927
Topic Author
Gallery Width

Hi Eugene,
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately this is not what I mean...The description position currently contains the text, and the media position is set to be a sidebar position which is perfect. The media position works perfectly when I use a photo / panel / zoo slideshow etc, but if I put the Magic Slideshow in the media position it goes very strange at desktop size. I have moved the Magic Slideshow to this position so that you can see what I mean - please visit the link below and see what the Magic Slideshow looks like:

www.stayattheopen2020.co.uk/component/zoo/item/downs-cottage

I have also added a screenshot so you can see exactly what I mean. I was previously using a Zoo slideshow in this exact position and it was perfect except that a Zoo slideshow does not have the option of adding a lightbox which I need.
Incidentally, if you shrink the browser down to mobile size, the Magic Slideshow sometimes appears, so I wonder if this is a responsive issue??
I really need to achieve an item page display that shows the text / property description as around 66% of the page (left hand side) and a gallery with lightbox (one large photo at the top with lots of thumbnails underneath) on the right hand side (where the media position currently is) as the remaining 33% of the page (right hand side). I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Many thanks!
David

Attachments:
5 months 3 weeks ago #1928
Gallery Width

Hi David,
Let me explain the situation.
The element adds new functionality and has inbuilt styles. The Joomla template is responsible for the site design.
The template might have some core styles that override styles of 3rd party extensions or the position has special styles for core elements. Using a 3rd party extension can cause a conflict of styles and in such a way the customization is needed. This is a typical situation in the web design industry.
We offer extensions and provide support to our products to fix possible issues or help to get started. According to your request, you need to customize Joomla template according to your requirements. It is not Magic Slideshow issue. The template customization is out of our support. Please contact template developer or find a freelancer who will investigate the template code and modify it.

As for mobile version: you can see how the Magic Slideshow works on different gadgets:
demo.norrnext.com/?ext=magic_slideshow_for_zoo
(see the top panel and change display mode)

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update