Voting still allows uploads

3 weeks 3 hours ago #3844 by Stella
Topic Author
hello,

www.a-p-s.org.au/index.php/contests

Upload is still permitted when voting has started. it is not the desired outcome.  my desired out come would be that when the competition closes, the voting starts and when the voting starts, the upload is not permitted.

this is my set up:

start date:  =12pt08 April 2021
end date: 25 May 2021
voting start: 26 May 2021
voting end: 08 Jun 2021

however. with these settings: voting is not  allowed.  if i change the end date to 08 jun 2021 then we can now vote but upload of image is allowed.
when the end date is 25th may i cannot change the competition to active as it makes sense, the competition is over. so no upload or voting.

the most logical settings, do not seem to respond the way i think they should.  i clearly do not understand this set up and how it works.  what am i missing?  perhaps it is something in my permissions. pls see attached for my settings.  any assistance is greatly appreciated.

cheers
stella.
Attachments:

3 weeks 1 hour ago - 3 weeks 1 hour ago #3845 by Dmitry
Replied by Dmitry on topic Voting still allows uploads
Hi Stella,

Your permissions are corrrect - Create After Vote Start should deny entry submission. I've just double checked this on our testing enviorment - it is wroking as expected.

Is your screenshot from the global component options? If so, please check your specific contest permissions as they override the global ones.
Also double check that your permissions cover all user groups and you are not testing them under Super Administrator 

So in your case you should set:
Contest Start Date = 12 April 2021
Contest End Date = 08 June 2021
Voting Start Date = 26 May 2021

P.S.
We have a nice tutorial regarding different scenarios that covers the cotnest dates and permissions. Hope you will find it useful.
www.norrnext.com/blog/item/tutorial-diff...with-norrcompetition

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Last edit: 3 weeks 1 hour ago by Dmitry.

3 weeks 1 hour ago #3846 by Stella
Topic Author
Replied by Stella on topic Voting still allows uploads
i am still seeing the upload button. and i am logged in as a regular registered member.

i have just had a report that when people have reached their voting limit, which in my case is set to 7, they can go and delete other peoples votes.

i want to rip my hair out. i really need your help to sort out whatever is not working with my permissions and settings.

3 weeks 1 hour ago - 2 weeks 6 days ago #3847 by Dmitry

i am still seeing the upload button. and i am logged in as a regular registered member.

What do you mean by upload button? Is it a menu item button that allows to submit entries?

i have just had a report that when people have reached their voting limit, which in my case is set to 7, they can go and delete other peoples votes.

Probably you have set Unvote Period option, but unvote feature does not work correctly in your case. Please make a screenshot of your contest voting options. Thank you.

Dmitry

Thanks!
Last edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Dmitry.

1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #3861 by Stella
Topic Author
Replied by Stella on topic Voting still allows uploads
hi,

i read the article. yes it was helpful. but i didn't find the exact match for my circumstances.
desired outcome. upload  commence 8  April, upload to cease, 25 may. Voting to start 26 may voting to end 16 june. No upload permitted when voting starts.

my set up.
start date:  2021-04-08 09:00
end date: 2021-06-16 23:59
voting starts: 2021-06-01 00:03
voting ends: 2021-06-16 23:50

if i change the end date of my competition to the 25 may. no one can vote because it turns complete.
if i leave it like this, members may still upload whilst voting is on. pls see attached image with the green "submit entry" button still available.

i don't know how to fix this, any ideas?

cheers stella.
Last edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Stella.

1 week 5 days ago #3862 by Dmitry

if i leave it like this, members may still upload whilst voting is on. pls see attached image with the green "submit entry" button still available.

Can you please upload the image one more time as I do not see it. Your set up of dates is correct.

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Follow us in social media