Call to a member function getParent() on null

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #4010 by jan95
Topic Author
Hello,
i get some errors reports on my website, here an abstract :
Error Code0Error TypeErrorMessageCall to a member function getParent() on nullFile/home/webapps/components/com_competition/views/category/view.html.phpLine139Request/xxxx.htmReferrerDirectForwarded for157.55.39.122 (msnbot-157-55-39-122.search.msn.com)Remote157.55.39.122 (msnbot-157-55-39-122.search.msn.com)TypeFunctionClassLineFileDprepareDocumentCompetitionViewCategory98/components/com_competition/views/category/view.html.phpDdisplayCompetitionViewCategory236/components/com_competition/controller.phpDdisplayCompetitionController702/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.phpDexecuteJoomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController48/components/com_competition/competition.phpN/Arequire_onceN/A402/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.phpSexecuteComponentJoomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper377/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.phpSrenderComponentJoomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper194/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.phpDdispatchJoomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication233/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.phpDdoExecuteJoomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication225/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.phpDexecuteJoomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication49/index.php
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by jan95.

2 months 2 weeks ago #4011 by Eugene
Hello,
Please provide us more information. 
- Joomla version
- NorrCompetition version

What actions were performed to reach such issue?

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

2 months 2 weeks ago #4012 by Eugene
And what is PHP version?

Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

2 months 2 weeks ago #4013 by Dmitry
Line 139:
$category = $this->category->getParent();

So null is $this->category. And looking further where $this->category is initiated - line 71:
$this->category = JCategories::getInstance('competition')->get($app->input->getInt('id'));

So for some reason the category cannot be retrieved, but this is the category page view and it is strange. We need more info when exactly this error appears to replicate this issue on our test site.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

2 months 1 week ago #4053 by jan95
Topic Author
hello, sorry i didnt receive any notifications for your replies even i checked the box to get notified

i have the latest version for both (ext and joomla)
i have a plugin that report me by email all errors that happen on the website, dnt know exactly how its happened.

2 months 1 week ago #4071 by Dmitry
Sad. It's hard for us to debug, but if we will face this error while testing of course we will fix it.

Dmitry

Thanks!

2 months 5 days ago #4097 by jan95
Topic Author

2 months 3 days ago - 2 months 3 days ago #4102 by jan95
Topic Author
Hello, i still receive errors inrelation with Norrcompetition, i had some alers for easysocial but they sent me some fixes.

Here what i get  :

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 months 3 days ago by jan95.

2 months 11 hours ago #4103 by Dmitry
Yes but it is the same. We do not have a fix at the moment. I wrote earlier why.

Thanks!

1 month 3 weeks ago #4104 by jan95
Topic Author

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Follow us in social media