Navigation on NorrCompetition Entries Module

6 months 3 weeks ago #4132 by QR-man
Topic Author
Hello,
I try to have a navigation (20/30 entry page) on NorrCompetition Entries module, how can do it? 

Regards
The topic has been locked.
6 months 3 weeks ago #4133 by Eugene
Hello,
The entries module does not have a pagination option.
This is part of the component, so you can stimulate users to go to component pages.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
6 months 3 weeks ago #4134 by QR-man
Topic Author
And how can stimulate users?Iframe?
I have only one contest...can I edit manually the module code adding pagination and search like in components?
6 months 3 weeks ago #4135 by QR-man
Topic Author
I need a solution because I have buy NorrCompetition Grid but doesn't work...if you click on LOAD MORE button the image is loaded with alignment problems, in addition, the site is extremely slow.

You can try here: www.nfthunter.app/
6 months 3 weeks ago #4137 by QR-man
Topic Author
Any suggestion ??
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #4140 by Eugene
Hello,

And how can stimulate users?Iframe?
I have only one contest...can I edit manually the module code adding pagination and search like in components?

In case if it is needed, you can add Custom HTML code module and insert a link with button class and display this module below NorrCompetition Entries. In your case, you already have " FREE SPACES: 0/8" text, so you can insert a link like "Go to the contest" or "See all entries" and let users to open the contest page.
As for the second question: 
"can I edit manually the module code adding pagination and search like in components?"

If you have enough skills, you can do whatever you need according to your task but please bear in mind that such changes are made by a client and are out of support scope.  

I need a solution because I have buy NorrCompetition Grid but doesn't work...if you click on LOAD MORE button the image is loaded with alignment problems, in addition, the site is extremely slow.

Well, the size of a homepage takes about 14mb. And 12mb taken on images.
I've investigated the generated code of the page and noticed that NorrCompetition Grid loads original images. In module settings you can select the type of the thumbnail to be loaded:
small, medium and big.

If you enable Animated Images param (.gif), then original images will be loaded in case of .gif files.
E.g. if you have gif image, then original image will be loaded. If you have jpeg/png, then the thumbnails should be loaded according to your module settings (small, medium, big)
But in your case all images are being loaded as original.
It's strange. 
Did you change anything in Grid module code? Could you send us a few screenshots with module settings?

Thereby, let's calculate:
Let's consider one image has 426 kb (original). If you display 30 images, it is about 12mb. 
The more images can be loaded, the more slowly the site will be.
But the problem is there are original images that are being loaded on your side while it should be small, medium or big images.

If you select Small option for Thumbnail size and display 20 items instead of 30, it should save the bandwidth and make make loading faster.
However, we need to understand why original images are being loaded in your case.
As soon as it is fixed, then it could save a lot of image sizes and make loading speed better.

As for alignment issue - ok, I see it. Let's go step-by-step and consider it after solving issue with the original image.

Regards,
Eugene

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Eugene.
6 months 3 weeks ago #4141 by QR-man
Topic Author
Thanks for the answer, can I send you adm access?

I would need a solution because it is not very usable now...
6 months 3 weeks ago #4142 by Eugene
Hi,
Yes, use Confidential tag here to provide temporary access for super admin.

Thanks!
6 months 3 weeks ago #4143 by QR-man
Topic Author
I send it on Email now!
6 months 3 weeks ago #4144 by Eugene
Hi,
The issue with the original images is resolved now.
The alignment issue appeared due to large images and the browser could not load them all in the time.
We have selected small images for thumbnails and now there are 12 + 12 items to be loaded.
Now the page has 8,5 mb instead of 14 mb and Grid module works correctly.

But I have to note that the template is heavy and comes with extra styles/scripts, so the site needs optimization.

Regards,
Eugene

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Follow us in social media