Textarea fields Not Showing

1 week 2 days ago #4372 by Don Golden
Topic Author
Joomla 3.10
php 7.4.14
Norr Competition 
  • Current version - 1.8.8
  • Release date - 16/05/2022

For contest entries textarea fields display the labels but not the entry boxes. Attached is a screen shot of the from end showing the missing textarea boxes as awell as a screenshot of the backend field setup.
I have tried to set up new fields, convert fields, but the resutls are the same. No entry boxes for the text area fields.
Attachments:

1 week 2 days ago #4373 by Eugene
Replied by Eugene on topic Textarea fields Not Showing
Hi Donald,
Unfortunately, Kunena forum decreased the resolution of the screenshot, and it is hard to see anything (we will change forum settings). but according to the screenshot, I see there is a problem with styles in general.
I suppose there is an incompatibility of Joomla template and component template. (different frameworks)

Try doing these steps:
1. Select another template in component options. E.g. default. It is a universal one.
2. Try to assign another Joomla template.

Also, maybe some 3rd party extension affects the styles (e.g. JCH optimizer).

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

1 week 2 days ago #4375 by Don Golden
Topic Author
From page:  Children's Oncology Camping Association, Intl - Comp Entry (cocacon.org)

I tried multiple templates. Nothing changed. However, I started looking at the source code and realized that there is no input field associated with the text area.

For comparison, I copied the source code of the "Name of Entry" field and "Long Description" field's below:

Name of Entry Field HTML
<div class="control-label">
                <label id="jform_custom_field_6-lbl" for="jform_custom_field_6">
    Name of Entry</label>
            </div>
            <div class="controls">
                <input type="text" name="jform[custom_field_6]" id="jform_custom_field_6" value="" size="100" maxlength="100">
            </div>
                    </div>

'Long Description Field HTML

<div class="control-group">
            <div class="control-label">
                <label id="jform_custom_field_7-lbl" for="jform_custom_field_7">
    Long Description</label>
            </div>
            <div class="controls">
              </div>
                    </div>
            <div class="control-group">

Notice that there is an input control following/associated with the Name of Entry field, however there is no input control field code  associated with the Long Description field (between the <div class="controls">   </div> code)

I think this may be the problem

1 week 2 days ago #4376 by Eugene
Replied by Eugene on topic Textarea fields Not Showing
Donald, can you upload the screenshot from the 1st message anywhere on the 3rd party service, please? LIke paste.pics/

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

1 week 2 days ago #4377 by Don Golden
Topic Author
Screen shot: i2.paste.pics/HYP6X.png.

I am also sending you login information to norrnext sales in case you would like to access the backend.

1 week 1 day ago #4379 by Don Golden
Topic Author
I would be happy to send login credentials, however I am not sure where to send them,

1 week 1 day ago #4380 by Don Golden
Topic Author
Perhaps a clue? One thing I noticed is that the textarea fields show when ceating an entry from the back end, but not the front end.

1 week 17 hours ago #4381 by Don Golden
Topic Author
Eugene-

You can close this topic out As it turns out, there was a conflict with another extension (DtRegister) . When I rolled the extension back to a previous version the problem resolved itself.

Thanks

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Follow us in social media