How to add additional competition info that is not shown in the main competition page

3 years 2 months ago #161
Topic Author
How to add additional competition info that is not shown in the main competition

I would like to make some competition info shown in the detail page of the competition but not in the main page which display a list of competition. May I know how can I do that?

3 years 2 months ago #165
Re: How to add additional competition info that is not shown in the main competi

Hello!

The component does not support two different descriptions for same competition. But you have two options how to use the same description:

1. Disable display of description in the list of competitions: Options > Competitions tab > Competition Display Options > set Description to Hide. Enable display of description on Competition page: Options > Participants tab > set Description to Show.

2. Use loadposition or loadmodule feature. For example create Custom HTML Module and assign to some position (for example myposition). In competition description write {loadposition myposition} and the module that is assigned to myposition will be displayed. Do not forget to set Display on all pages in module's Menu assignment.

Hope that helps ;)

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

2 years 10 months ago #240
Re: How to add additional competition info that is not shown in the main competi

Another way - wait for 1.4.0 where it will be implemented ;) End of February is planned release date.

Thanks!

2 years 10 months ago #243

@patrickhk83
Hi!
I think you can do it like this:
Title

Fortunately, NorrCompetition has the same field "params", so it wouldn't be difficult.

2 years 9 months ago #280

We have released 1.4.0 with this feature.

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update