Photo upload crop

3 years 1 month ago #188
Topic Author
Photo upload crop

Hi

I have a question, when i upload a photo for the contest i must first crop the image, it is used for in the list of competition participants.
Is is possible to disable this, now you see half of the image.

Best regards
Dennis

3 years 1 month ago #189
Re: Photo upload crop

Hi Dennis!

Cropping cannot be disabled, because it maintains the aspect ratio to make the list of participants look normal in the grid. Otherwise you will have ugly layout. But, I do not understand what do you mean by half of the image? May be aspect ratio is wrong in Options?

Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

3 years 1 month ago #192
Topic Author

Hi Dmitry

Ok, thanks. I know whaty you mean by ugly, some quare and some rectangle.
I have now changed the text :
The cropped photo will be ONLY used in the thumbnail version of the picture in the list of competition participants.<br />You can change the crop area by stretching the frame.

Hoop it is more clear for the person that pointed this issue to me :-)

Half of the image, i mean the cropping is ofcourse getting only a part of the image, but it is only used as thumbnail.

So, with the extra text explanation it is ok for me.

Best regards
Dennis

3 years 1 month ago #194

dennisbuijs wrote:
I have now changed the text :
The cropped photo will be ONLY used in the thumbnail version of the picture in the list of competition participants.<br />You can change the crop area by stretching the frame.

Hoop it is more clear for the person that pointed this issue to me :-)

Makes sense! Will add this text by default to make it more clear for all ;) Something like this:
The cropped photo will be only used as a small photo in the list of competition participants. It does not affect the full size photo.<br />You can change the crop area by stretching the frame.

dennisbuijs wrote:
Half of the image, i mean the cropping is ofcourse getting only a part of the image, but it is only used as thumbnail.

Well it depends on photos being uploaded. If your ratio in options for example is 4:3 and uploaded photo is about the same then you can stretch the frame almost to full photo.

BTW have you a showcase site to see our component in action?

Goto www.giilife.com/en/contest/1-my-reason-to-study-photo !

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update