Very Urgent! I do not want to run a photo or video competion.

2 years 7 months ago #263
Topic Author
Very Urgent! I do not want to run a photo or video competion.

My prior program / database crashed and the voting was to start today, March 1, 2016.

I want to just have someone [any website visitor] to be able to vote for their favorite organization.

This program is requiring me to upload a photo or video. How do I turn this off?

Thank you for your help.

2 years 7 months ago #264
Re: Very Urgent! I do not want to run a photo or video competion.

Hello UTXinc,

Sorry, but can you describe what is needed in details?
As I understood, the plans have changed and you don't have a time to create more competitions since the voting just been started and you want visitors just to vote, is that right? Do you need to disable submitting new participants from users' side?
Please describe your idea in more details and we'll do the best to help you.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

2 years 7 months ago #265

You can upload logo of the organization as a photo and disable submitting new participants. As a result, site visitors will see list of companies with logo and vote. They won't have permissions to upload own participants.

Thanks!

2 years 7 months ago #266
Topic Author

Eugene wrote:

You can upload logo of the organization as a photo and disable submitting new participants. As a result, site visitors will see list of companies with logo and vote. They won't have permissions to upload own participants.

How can I give everyone permission to vote without registering?

Can I disable the photo so you cannot click on it to make it larger?

2 years 7 months ago #267

You need to open Configuration > Permissions, click on "Public" tab, then find "Vote" param (the last in the list) and select "allowed" in drop-down list. Then save the configuration. Now visitors can vote.
See more in documentation at Permissons page.

Also you can set up vote frequency in Configuration > Competition > Vote Frequency - select "Once per day"

Do you need to keep up the thumbnail, but just disable lightbox at participant's page or you don't need medium and big photos at all?

Thanks!

2 years 7 months ago #268
Topic Author

Eugene wrote:

You need to go to <strong>Configuration > Permissions</strong>, click on "Public" tab, then find "Vote" param (the last in the list) and select "allowed" in drop-down list. Then save configuration. Now visitors can vote.
See more in documentation at Permissons .

Permission issue solved! Thank you so much.

Also you can set up vote frequency in <strong>Configuration > Competition > Vote Frequency</strong> - select "Once per day"

Do you need to keep up the thumbnail, but just disable lightbox at participant's page or you don't need medium and big photos at all?

I don't need images at all. Your suggestion of adding a company's logo is a great work around, but I would like to turn off the lightbox effect too.

Again, Thank you so much for your help. Our last voting program crashed, I am under a lot of pressure to get the voting back on line.

2 years 7 months ago #269

Dear UTXinc,
You're welcome.

I don't need images at all. Your suggestion of adding a company's logo is a great work around, but I would like to turn off the lightbox effect too.

Again, Thank you so much for your help. Our last voting program crashed, I am under a lot of pressure to get the voting back on line.

We're sorry you got some troubles with your voting program.
As concerning another question how to disable lightbox - you can do that using Template Overriding feature. Please read Template Overriding article.

You can forbid pop up of the photo window using _participant.photo.
And you can remove this line from template layout:
<?php echo CompetitionHelperExtension::initLightbox();`
Which initializes light-box effect.

Thanks!

2 years 7 months ago #270

To remove the photo, please open the _participant.photo.php (here is tutorial for better understanding where this file is located) file and find the following line:

<a class="thumbnail nc-thumbnail nc-modal" href="<?php echo $photosPath . '/' . NC_PHOTOS_BIG . '_' . $this->item->photo; ?>">`

and replace it at:
<a class="thumbnail nc-thumbnail nc-modal" href="#">

If it is a problem, I'll ask you to provide us some information for best understanding and then send patched file which you just need to copy to the specified folder.

Thanks!

2 years 7 months ago #271
Topic Author

Hello,

I followed the Template Overriding article and made all the modifications to the_participant.photo.php file, but I am receiving a syntax error message. As you suggested, could some one make these modifications and send the _participant.photo.php file? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Ed

FYI: I am in the process of moving the site, but you can see the competition at site.mdsbwawards.org/index.php/chamber-challenge-2016

2 years 7 months ago #272

Hello Ed,
So additional information:
NorrCompetition provides 3 layouts to work with Joomla templates. Default, Uikit and Bootstrap 2. So, before we patch the file, we need to be sure which kind of template layout will be used.
I've examined your test website and see there is Yoo Chester template. So, please make sure Uikit is selected in NorrCompetition configuration. link on documentation page

I need to ask some questions for best understanding before making a patch.

1. Will you use Joomla template from YOOtheme? (which use Uikit)

2. Do you need to hide thumbnails at competitons page? Like here

3. Participant's page. Do you need to let users to open the participant's page? Like here . Or they must vote on competition page only?

Thank you.

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update