Not Able to "Submit App Form" Jquery issue !

2 years 5 months ago #493
Topic Author
Not Able to "Submit App Form" Jquery issue !

Hi,

I am not able to participate in comptetion at app-form page not able to submit . It's showing jquery not function issue in console at this page which is "Uncaught TypeError: jQuery is not a function".

Please check issue at nriwings.wiltit.com/contest/participate-in-contest

username:- akhalesh
password:- sopantech

Please help me out asap !

Regards,
Akhalesh

2 years 5 months ago #494
Re: Not Able to "Submit App Form" Jquery issue !

You have multiple jQuery files loading on your website. That is why you have a conflict.

One jQuery is Joomla's (that is used by our component) and other is loaded as code.jquery.com/jquery-2.2.3.min.js . You should find what extension is loading jquery-2.2.3.min.js and disable it. May be it is set in your template.

The other way is to use jQuery Easy extension that should solve multiple versions conflict. But I advise you to find and disable jquery-2.2.3 manually.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

2 years 5 months ago #495
Topic Author

I commented jquery-2.2.3 manually but still showing same issue.

2 years 5 months ago #496

Well it is hard to understand why it is not working now. But I am sure that it is not related to our component only, because I am checking the page nriwings.wiltit.com/contest/participate-in-contest and see jQuery errors in console also produced from standard Joomla scripts like validate and tooltip:

TypeError: jQuery is not a function
jQuery('.hasTooltip').tooltip({"html": true,"container": "body"});

For some unknown reason they also does not work and could not find jQuery :(

Please send us your credentials (website and FTP) to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we will try to find out what is the cause of this issue.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Thanks!

2 years 5 months ago #497

Hello again!

Sorry for the delay. So I made a test on your website - I was disabling modules and plugins one by one to see which one is causing jQuery to stop working. And I found them: FreiChat-I and Ad Panel Scroll. As soon as I unpublish them jQuery is working. Please note that this is not only our component related - I have tested Joomla's core components and jQuery also does not work if these modules are published.

I left them unpublished, so you can try by yourself that jQuery is working now and there is no conflicts.

Unfortunately, there is nothing much we can do about it, because we cannot control 3rd party extensions :( I advice you to contact these modules developers and tell them about this issue.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update