Facebook application for Comments not integrating into NorrCompetion 100%

2 years 2 months ago #517
Topic Author
's Avatar
Facebook application for Comments not integrating into NorrCompetion 100%

Please advise why upon having created a Facebook application to enable comments for my NorrCompetition website page, I get this message in Advanced tab within Setting:

"Client OAuth login is enabled but you haven't listed any valid OAuth redirect URIs. Click here for more information."

I have followed the steps in the 'Documentation' support information for NorrCompetion to the T in creating a Facebook App and for its Set it up on the NorrCompetition side.

The result apart from the 'alert' message in my Facebook developer's app window Settings is that I don't have a field folks folks to type their comments. Refer to pix attached.

2 years 2 months ago #520
Re: Facebook application for Comments not integrating into NorrCompetion 100%

Hello AwardsTDA,

I get this message in Advanced tab within Setting:
"Client OAuth login is enabled but you haven't listed any valid OAuth redirect URIs. Click here for more information."

Where this message appears? In Facebook, in browser console?

I need to examine settings to find the solution.
Can you, please, provide us temporary credentials to sign in to Facebook under an user and examine your app settings?
It can be done here: your App > Roles > Add new administrator. You can type Eugene Sivokon (it's my profile).

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

2 years 2 months ago #521
Topic Author
's Avatar

Hello Eugene,

The message
appears in the 'advanced settings' tab for my Comments app within Facebook for developers window.

Please note that at the time of raising my ticket the issue was pertinent but the next day my NorrNext competition page displayed the social Comments field just fine. Unfortunately, 2 days later as I go and check my competition participants' profile page the Comments app is not displaying a field for folks to type again!

Temporary login to my FB app is set.

I look forward to your advice why the Comments are behaving that way.

Many thanks

L.

2 years 2 months ago #526

Thank you for informing about this problem. Well, Facebook changes their developer area pretty frequently and our documentation need to be updated according latest FB changes.
You made everything correct, but new step which must be proceeded: add OAuth login.

Click on Add Product and select Facebook Login (it is already added in your account). Then the OAuth field appeared, so paste link on your site in the URI and save changes. It should solve your problem.

Please let me know about your success.

P.S. Maybe adding an URI will solve fb:app_id issue which you reported about in previous topic.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

2 years 2 months ago #527
Topic Author
's Avatar

Your advice:

"Click on Add Product and select Facebook Login (it is already added in your account). Then the OAuth field appeared, so paste link on your site in the URI and save changes. It should solve your problem" resolved the warning message.

Brilliant know how as per usual. Many thanks for sharing the solution tip via a screen shot!

Thanks a lot.

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update