Removing NorrCompetition Sample Data

1 year 5 months ago #612
Topic Author

Hello, I am always reluctant to load sample data, but having made my first attempt using NorrCompetition, I think I could have learned a little more by doing so. My question is, how difficult will it be to remove or completely and cleanly hide the sample data once I no longer wish to see it?

Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Les Siemens. Reason: typo

1 year 5 months ago #613

Hello Les!

There is no such option or magic button :) You will have to do some manual work by deleting Competitions, Participants, Categories, Fields and Votes from within Control Panel. But it is not such a difficult task to complete ;)

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-star review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

1 year 5 months ago #614
Topic Author

Thank you Dmitry for the rapid response. I will admit that I encountered some problems with my first attempt, but I'm sure it's as a result of something that I have not done as I should have. I can certainly see that you have done a stellar job of coding on NorrCompetition, so I'm continuing to look for the solutions in your documentation. I fully believe I will be giving you a 5-star review on JED, once I have this under control. And hope I do not have to bother you for frivolous details.

1 year 5 months ago #615

I will admit that I encountered some problems with my first attempt, but I'm sure it's as a result of something that I have not done as I should have.

Is it extension related problems - errors or something else? Let us know if so, we will try to fix them.

I can certainly see that you have done a stellar job of coding on NorrCompetition, so I'm continuing to look for the solutions in your documentation.

Thank you for your warm words. Deleting Competitions, Participants, Categories, Fields and Votes is a straightforward task, like deleting articles in Content Manager ;)
Another option - you can simply Unpublish items to make them hidden on front-end. For example, if you Unpublish some category, then all competitions (and participants) under this category will be hidden.

I fully believe I will be giving you a 5-star review on JED, once I have this under control.

That would be great! We really appreciate our customers reviews.

Best regards
Dmitry

Thanks!

1 year 4 months ago #638
Topic Author

First, my wishes for a successful and pleasant New Year for you and all of your associates.

I also wish to complement you on a stellar job with your comprehensive manual.

Most of my original problems, it seems, were caused by our already having a sub-domain and hence also a folder named competitions. After altering that, I did then reinstall and familiarized myself with the sample data. Now I must put a live competition up, and find I evidently do not yet understand the relationship of an application to the competition; and therefore am unable to submit as a registered user from the front end. I did successfully create a competition where I entered everything from the backend for the competitors, but have now removed that one completely.

I will be sending an email with URL and credentials. Perhaps you can find time yet in the end of this year to take a quick look.

Many thanks,
Les

1 year 4 months ago #639

Hello Les!

and therefore am unable to submit as a registered user from the front end

Have you set "Allowed" for "Create" in Permissions ?

Best regards,
Dmitry

P.S.
Happy New Year too :)

Thanks!

1 year 4 months ago #640
Topic Author

Dmitry, I thought I had, but evidently I did not. I changed it now for this first competition (for the registered users this competition is for), and it now seems to work. I take it that I could do that globally so that it would apply to any new competition.
Thank you for your lightning-fast support!
Les

1 year 4 months ago #641

I am glad that you have managed to fix it ;)

Best regards,
Dmitry

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update