Extending NorrCompetition Participants Module

1 year 2 months ago #731
Topic Author

Hello again,

Following my previous post , I would like to achieve the following:

1- Display "Custom Fields" under the participant's photo
2- Display the available video (if the competition is of type video) under the participant's photo/title

Also, I noticed that the user cannot reset his/her own vote if he/she voted by mistake for one participant instead of the one he/she actually wants to vote to. In the Competition's Options > Competition > Voting Options, I set the "Vote per Competition" to "1" and "Vote per Participant" to "1". Is the voting reset achievable?

One more thing: Using the component on a multilingual site, the participant does not have the multilingual display option. For example, I want the custom_field_title to have both English and Arabic values, and display the English value on the English site and the Arabic one on the Arabic site. How to achieve that?

Thanks!
Adel / PSW.

1 year 2 months ago #736

Hi Adel,
Sorry for the delay with reply.

1- Display "Custom Fields" under the participant's photo
2- Display the available video (if the competition is of type video) under the participant's photo/title
The module need to be modified to meet these requirements. It's custom task.

Also, I noticed that the user cannot reset his/her own vote if he/she voted by mistake for one participant instead of the one he/she actually wants to vote to. In the Competition's Options > Competition > Voting Options, I set the "Vote per Competition" to "1" and "Vote per Participant" to "1". Is the voting reset achievable?

Right now you can remove any vote at back-end side as site administrator (Administrator panel > Components > NorrCompetitions > Votes > select and delete votes)
Unfortunately, there is no "unvote" button on front-end that allow user to recall the vote. It's custom task.

One more thing: Using the component on a multilingual site, the participant does not have the multilingual display option. For example, I want the custom_field_title to have both English and Arabic values, and display the English value on the English site and the Arabic one on the Arabic site. How to achieve that?

It's impossible to localise values of any custom field. We have had discussion on such subject before we started working on multi-lingual feature and finally we came to the conclusion that values localisation is a headache to the end user since lot of people don't know foreign languages. E.g. some of participants don't know Arabic or English and they will have a difficulty how to localise these values to another language or just keep these values emptied. Thereby, there is no ability to localise values of custom fields. You can localise titles of custom fields only.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-star review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update