Username field

10 months 4 weeks ago #915
Topic Author
Username field

Hello,
I want to display the username associated to an image below the thumbnail (along with the title) and next to the image in detail view and I played with the fields feature. Since on my site you are only allowed to apply with an image, if you are registered, Joomla knows the username and I don't want applicants to be forced to enter their username along with every application. How can I accomplish this?
Best Regards
Markus

The topic has been locked.
10 months 4 weeks ago #916
Username field

Hello Markus!

This will be available in version 1.7.1 that is under development and is planned for release in first half of July. If you you need this urgently we can send you a development version to your email.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-star review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by Dmitry.
10 months 4 weeks ago #924
Topic Author
Username field

Sounds good to me. Yesterday evening I decided to go a step further and also use Community Builder. Will you support Community Builder fields too? If not, I'll delete CB and go back to Vanilla Joomla.
If you could give me access some version that supports the username, this would be really great!

Best Regards
Markus

10 months 4 weeks ago #926
Username field

Markus, we will not support fields from 3rd party extensions. May be Joomla's custom fields, but not for application forms as we have own logic for storing values and processing them. And there is too much to be done to integrate them.

I will send you development version today (in the evening) to your registration email.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-star review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update