Templates re-direction after clicking on menu

11 months 1 week ago #968
Topic Author

Hi,
as suggested I write here my question.
I have one Default Template for the Home Page (named MAIN) and various sub-templates for different events (example: PHOTOCONTEST).
I have created a link on the Photocontest Menu, that should display the Contest/Form.
But everytime I click in it, it appears the MAIN template (where I have no any content box).
I have assigned the PHOTOCONTEST template to the Contest Menu and also to the Conest/Form menu link.

How should I do to make it appear in the same SUB-TEMPLATE?

Sorry, maybe it's very easy but I can not find the solution.

Thank you

Best regards

Samuele

The topic has been locked.
11 months 1 week ago #970

Hello Samuelle,

I have examined backend of your site and noticed that if the ConcorsoFotografico template is not assigned to menu item, you will be forwarded to a home page with another template.
I have created a menu item called Login. This is how it looks like by default:

Have a look the URL is correct: /[yoursite.com]/come-partecipare/login.html
It means you weren't forwarded to the home page, but it is just Gantry feature.

Let's go to ConcorsoFotografico template and assign this menu item. As a result, we see correct content with a new template:

According to this logic, I assigned NorrCompetition menu items to the ConcorsoFotografico template.

But there is another problem: when we click on Submit form menu item, we are being forwarded to Competitions page. But this is incorrect: since only registered users can submit the Application, a guest must be forwarded to the login page.
Perhaps the problem is in site structure and Gantry or maybe in misconfiguration since the component has no such issue. I go on the examination of this problem and will write back to you soon.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Attachments:
11 months 1 week ago #971
Topic Author

Perfect, thank you
I will wait for your reply.
Kind regards

Samuele

11 months 1 week ago #973

My colleague Dmitry helped to discover misconfiguration and probably Gantry issue.
Let me sum up:

1. When we clicking on Submit App menu item, we are being forwarded to Competitions page.
According to NorrCompetition logic, if the user has no enough permissions to submit the App, he/she will be forwarded to competitions page with a warning message.
But Gantry does not display the error message despite the fact NorrCompetition gives a correct response.
We assigned default Protostar template to Submit App form menu item and there is warning message:

So, NorrCompetition has no issue, there are just no permissions for guest to submit the Application and there should be a warning message which Gantry does not displays.

2. Now we need to allow guests to submit applications.
Go to NorrCompetition > Options > Permissions tab > Public group and set the following params to Allowed:
  • Create
  • Create Before Competition Start
  • Create After Competition Start
  • Create After Vote Start
More information can be found here: Submitting Applications by Unregistered Users

Now guests can submit Applications. But when we proceed to the menu item, we get 500 error. We need FTP access to your site to examine logs and find what causes the problem. Please send FTP credentials at e-mail.

Thanks!
Attachments:
11 months 1 week ago #974
Topic Author

Hi
thanks for your help.
I have sent the credentials to your email.
Btw, I have not understood why you are trying to make Guest able to send applications, as long as I want that only registered users will send Photos and votes.

What should I do with Gantry?

thanks

Samuele

11 months 1 week ago #975

Hi Samuele,

Btw, I have not understood why you are trying to make Guest able to send applications, as long as I want that only registered users will send Photos and votes.

Oh, yes.... You didn't ask this feature, sorry. Anyway, it can be disabled in a few clicks. I just been made it.

As concerning 500 error - your Joomla logs are empty, but... You are using Joomla! 3.5.1 which is out of date.
NorrCompetition requires Joomla 3.7+ environment. Please update your Joomla to the latest version 3.7.4 (do not forget to backup your site )

By the way, we also ask you to send an error.log file which can be taken from hosting panel.

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update