Email approvals sent to wrong members

1 year 3 weeks ago #1017
Topic Author

i have set up a competition where new applications do not require approval.
On submission, an email gets sent out notifying us that the application requires approval (it does not, but anyway for information purposes its okay)

This is the content of the email:

A new application for moderation: my selfie

Name: my selfie
Username: connor
Proceed to application

The link to Proceed to application goes to the backend admin section

However, the email is sent to the wrong people i.e members who are NOT administrators
I do not want emails with links to the admin back end being sent out to normal members.
How do I limit this email to administrators only?

The topic has been locked.
1 year 3 weeks ago #1018

Hello Marc!

NorrCompetition sends notifications to all users who have "Receive System Emails" parameter set to 'Yes' in their profile. There is no option in component how to limit this. The only way is to set this parameter to 'No' in user profile.

On submission, an email gets sent out notifying us that the application requires approval (it does not, but anyway for information purposes its okay)

That is the expected behavior, because notification is being set up for all New entries. There is no option to set only when approval is required.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Dmitry.
1 year 3 weeks ago #1019
Topic Author

Ah yes....these users had "receive system email" enabled
Thank you

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update