v1.7.2 - error uploading photos

7 months 3 weeks ago #1156
Topic Author

hi.

I bought the extension for my club website - installed all packages which were available and test files.
With the test-files (demo competitions) and documentation I was able to follow setting up my own competition and so on.
Now I have a competition, can access it, but I'm not able to upload photos.

I alway get the message "Error occured" when trying to upload photos (doesn't matter if i'm registered or not). The only thing I found out was that the pictures I tried to upload are all getting in the folder ncuploads\photos\tmp so the upload I think isn't the problem but I can't figure out what's the reason for not getting further.

I also read the other posts about photo upload problems, but as I'm using the latest version (where some problems were fixed) there must be something different.

I'm using multilingual-support (with german language pack) but I also already disabled it to test if it has something to do with language pack.

As competition (test) is open for unregistered users it could be tested here:
-> www.ccbadhall.at/fw-einsendung

Competition Website itself: www.ccbadhall.at/fotowettbewerb

I'm using Joomla v 3.8.0.

Can someone help or tell me what files etc. to upload for assisting me on this issue?

The topic has been locked.
7 months 3 weeks ago #1157

Hello Guenter,

Thank you for reporting us about the problem. Application submission has been checked out on local site and yes - this issue appears in Joomla 3.8. The issue is confirmed.
We will be back with the solution asap.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-star review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
7 months 3 weeks ago #1158
Topic Author

thanks for fast response!

7 months 3 weeks ago #1159

Dear Guenter,

Thanks for your report! It was a high priority issue. We have been released a bug fix and NorrCompetition version 1.7.3 is available to download. Feel free to install this update.

Have a nice evening,
Eugene.

Thanks!
7 months 3 weeks ago #1172
Topic Author

Hello.

Thanks a lot. Already installed update.

Now in the app-form on my page it is possible to upload a photo, but if one click on the send button it goes directly to an error page (unregistered user which was set up as described in documentation!)
If i create the participant in the backend and upload the photo it works also AND the photo shows up in the competition and one can vote for it.

When I try this in the demos on your site (as a registered user) when clicking on send I'll be redirected to an overview page of the sent in photos for the competition.

Is there something else to configure here for unregistered users?

Just to figure out what I want (maybe I'm wrong with the product itself):

I want a competition module where unregistered users (only a closed circle of people will get the link to upload to the competition, without registration) can upload photos by just adding their name/mailaddress and a description for the picture - without approving etc. also a voting mode also for unregistered users which can be limited to one vote per day/per ip and so on and this in german language. As per reviews and documentation your competition module was the only which has all the features, but maybe I'm doing something wrong or understand something wrong...

maybe I uninstall the module/plugins and try again with standard configuration (I renamed menue-entries as better translation)...

Update:
- Uninstalled all modules/plugins/testdata
- Installed all modules/plugins
- setup new test-competition (no renaming now)
www.ccbadhall.at/competitions
www.ccbadhall.at/app-form (still same behaviour -> results in an error page when one clicks on submit)

same situtation. I think it has something to do with the unregistered users... I think if one clicks on submit on the app-form page to submit the application he would be redirected to the users page to see his applications. As an unregistered user this is not possible and therefore comes the error page. I have a user delegated to the competition, but there is nothing in the documentation, that for unregistered users one has to make a setting somewhere that if one uses unregistered users that menu x should point to this particular user.

Found out that the website which is trying to be reached is www.ccbadhall.at/app-form?id=1 or www.ccbadhall.at/app-form?id=0 which produces the error...

Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Guenter Hoeller.
7 months 3 weeks ago #1173

Hello Guenter!

app-form?id=0 is coming from the form action:

action="/app-form?id=0"

But after submit to this URL it should not throw any error. It seems that POST is forbidden or something like this. Have you tried with registered user?

When the form is saved redirect should be done to the list of user applications (in case of registered user) or to the competition (in case of unregistered user). I just have checked on our test website - submit for unregistered users is working correctly.

I have set up guest submission on our demo site too - you can try it by yourself as unregistered user here .

But we should solve the problem on your site also :) Please send us admin access and FTP access to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to debug the issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Dmitry

Thanks!
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Dmitry.
7 months 3 weeks ago #1175
Topic Author

hello!

yes, if it would work that way as on your demo site this would be perfect (with voting mode).
As written in my post before, with registered users it works without problems.

mail sent - thanks in advance!

best regards, guenter.

7 months 3 weeks ago #1177

Ok, found out that error is causing recaptcha check. This code calls recaptcha:

$result = $dispatcher->trigger('onCheckAnswer');
Then recaptcha plugin sends the data using JHttpFactory::getHttp(); method that is failing. Here is the error.log record:

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/vhosts/*****/libraries/src/Http/Transport/CurlTransport.php on line 204, referer: www.ccbadhall.at/app-form

As you can see curl_exec() is the problem. You should enable it on your server.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Thanks!
7 months 3 weeks ago #1182
Topic Author

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Disabled Captcha at the moment -> works as desired now! Thank you so much for your awesome support!!

Best regards, Günter

7 months 3 weeks ago #1183

Hallo Günter,

We are glad your problem has been resolved. If you like the extension, you can submit a review on NorrCompetition at the JED. It is according to your desire, of course. We just do our job :-)

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update