Language association problem

1 year 1 month ago #1228
Topic Author

Hi,
I have installed the Italian Language package from the Joomla installation tool and now I can see the translation of topic title but not the fields anymore.
Here is the link: www.goodmorningbrianza.it/concorsofotogr...ale/invioscuole.html

However, just to understand where I fail, is it correct the following process?

- Installing the package
- Adding new field with translation text inclued

STOP

My website Language is Italian. May it be this predefinite Language in conflict with the predefinite Language of NorrCompetition that is English?
Otherwise, I can go back to English Language and modify the text by myself, just in case. But is there any way to uninstall the Language package?

Thank you

Samuele

1 year 1 month ago #1230

Hello Samuele!

There a JS error now preventing fields to display:

SyntaxError: missing } after property list

I wonder - did it happen when you started to use Italian language pack? When you switch back to English all is OK?

What I remember is that almost the same issue was with FR language pack, but I thought we have fixed it :) May be I am wrong.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Dmitry.

1 year 1 month ago #1231
Topic Author

Hi Dimirty,
yes it happened as soon as I have installed the Italian package.
I don't know how to switch to English as the website is only for Italian users and it has no English switch.

Where should I modify the JS script?

Many thanks

Samuele

1 year 1 month ago #1232

Samuele,

I presume that this happens because of quote symbol in Italian language pack. This how it should like:

tError: '<a href="/%url%">L&#039;immagine</a> non può essere caricata'
And this how it looks like in your case:
tError: '<a href="/%url%">L'immagine</a> non può essere caricata'
You see quote symbol in word L'immagine - this is breaking JS script. I do not know why it is not converted to ' in your case, because I have fixed it more than year ago by applying htmlspecialchars function to text :) But it seems something is broken now...

Anyway - a quick fix is to change the language string in file language/it-IT/it-IT.com_competition.ini:
COM_COMPETITION_MODAL_IMG="L'immagine"
Change it for example to
COM_COMPETITION_MODAL_IMG="Foto"

Let me know - is it ok now?

P.S.
Can you send your FTP credentials to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to examine the issue and provide more proper fix.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update