show the time remaining
I have examined your site back-end. Well, let's start:
1. Your template is built with T3 framework. It is Bootstrap2 or Bootstrap3 based template. NorrCompetition comes with various themes to make the component compatible with all modern templates. Go to NorrCompetitions Options and select required theme in first tab:
I selected Bootstrap3, but please make sure your T3 version is compatible with this framework (as far as I know T3 have had two versions: BS2 and BS3)
All NorrCompetition themes display countdown timer, so this is just an advice since I noticed you can select the correct theme to get best result.
2. Caching and scripts optimization. I changed some params in the competition (options related to countdown) and had to remove cache to see changes on front-end. It might be not comfortable for you now since the site is under the construction.
I guess the reason for why the countdown is not displaying on your site is the 3rd party extension which compresses the scripts.
I see JCH Optimize and JotCache. Try to disable them to make sure the countdown does not display due to compression.
If so, then you can try to add an exclusion for countdown script in JCH Optimizer settings.
Someone disabled countdown settings in the competition and enabled cache….. At least, the pages still caching. I had to clear Joomla cache to see changes at the front-end.
I tried to disable some of your extensions and assigned Protostar template and checked the first competition, but since I do not understand Brazilian Portuguese, I could not find that countdown timer params are disabled.
So, it took about an hour on examining your site, but it was waste of time because of changed params and cache.
Your page has a total weight of 2937.1K bytes. There is a scripts conflict. You need to find what causes this conflict by disabling 3rd party extensions.
Sorry for that, but you should warn that it would try to solve, so I would not change the settings. But I gave up having this timer in my competition. I'm wasting a lot of time on this and I thought it was something simple. Thank you
Sorry, I had to inform you I am going to test the site. We misunderstood each other.
Well, let's back to the problem. As we can see, the page loading about 1,6mb of scripts. It is too heavy.
What I can advice:
1. Turn off any cache to make sure you can see the changes without clearing the cache. Disable any script optimizer.
2. Assign the default template like Protostar. Make sure Jquery library is loaded.
2. Disable each 3rd party extension and check out the front-end each time. In this way, disabling each 3rd party extension consistently you will find what causes this issue.
Thanks, but really I do not have much time to test all these things. This site is a shop that is already online, only the competitions are being configured. I still have to finish this today. I'll leave the timer for another time. Although it is very interesting, it is just aesthetic and what I really need is to create an option to go back to the competitions page, as I reported on another topic. Thank you very much for this ... If I get some time, I'll try your suggestions to solve the timer problem.
Oh, TinyMCE purges the URL. I have added https://[domain].com.br/premio2017, but it saves the URL as premio2017 which cause 404 error due to the wrong URL. It seems there should be a special param in TinyMCE settings related to URLs.
You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.
Product Latest Update
- 30.03.2018 - NorrCompetition