Problemas to vote

4 months 3 weeks ago #1447
Topic Author
Problemas to vote

Hi again, now I have a problem. When the public try to vote it appears a red square and they can´t do it. Is not for everyone, but several people have that problem. Is that an IP problem? Or do you know if is another kind of problem to solve it? Because when I try to vote it says that I have reach the maximum votes or that competition, so I think my IP is ckecked, that´s what I want. But I don´t know if the red square is the same because they don´t see the same text when they have voted. Thank you!

Attachments:

4 months 3 weeks ago #1448
Problemas to vote

Hello Eddie.

As I understand this is after voting message. If it is red then voting has failed and fail message should be displayed in it. In your case no message is displayed so what I think some unknown error has happened. Hard to say. Do you have any errors in logs folder of Joomla? Can you give a link to competition - we will try to replicate an issue.

Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-star review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Dmitry.

4 months 3 weeks ago #1450
Problemas to vote

Ok I found a link to your competition by myself :)

I have voted once, have a message about reaching the maximum votes (1) for competition. I have refreshed the page and vote button is not disabled. I can vote more, but with no success having a red message "Voting is not active" (see the screen attached). So my votes does not count anymore (that is good, though the message is wrong).

I have replicated empty red square (voting message) - this happens when code checks the form token and it is invalid. It sends back "Invalid Token" message. As voting happens as AJAX this message is sent to browser console only and not visible in voting message window. We will try to fix it.

And now the strange thing - clicking on all participants step by step I have different results. On one I have "You have reached the maximum votes (1) for this competition", on other I have "Invalid token", and on next I have "Voting is not active". It seems that you have some kind of cache that is caching pages hardy. Do you use some cache extensions or may be Joomla's cache?

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Dmitry.

4 months 3 weeks ago #1454
Topic Author
Problemas to vote

Thank you so much Dmitry. I use JCH Plugin, but I unpublished to see if that was the problem. I also have "Regular Labs - Cache Cleaner", "JotCache / Recache" and "shlib - Db query cache and programming library" (shs404sef).
So let me unpublish all of them to see if that works when you try to vote.

I saw the error log in the joomla folder and I have this:

[13-Dec-2017 22:16:46 UTC] PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/vocaltra/public_html/components/com_competition/models/competition.php on line 431
[13-Dec-2017 22:20:19 UTC] PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/vocaltra/public_html/components/com_competition/models/competition.php on line 431
[14-Dec-2017 00:37:52 UTC] PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/vocaltra/public_html/components/com_competition/models/competition.php on line 431

But as fas as I remember, I didn´t publish the component in that date, so I don´t thing it is related.
I think it is more about the cache, because I had problems with the application form too, it dissapeared until I cleaned the cache manually and it worked again.

But now I unpublished all the plugins related with it (less the sf404sef cache, because it can´t work without it), the jch plugin where I have a CDN, java and ccs compression and all those things.

And once again thank you so much for your help!!! Excellent support ;)

Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Eddie Robson.

4 months 3 weeks ago #1455
Problemas to vote

Seems that you have resolved this issue - I voted once normally and cannot vote more :) In every participant I have a message:

You have reached the maximum votes (1) for this competition

So this is the correct behavior.

P.S.
We have fixed an issue with empty red square - now "Invalid token" message will be displayed inside it. Please update to version 1.7.5.

Thanks!

4 months 3 weeks ago #1460
Topic Author
Problemas to vote

Thank you very much!!! So maybe the JotCache was the problem. I´ll update my version and once again, excellent support. Thank you :)

4 months 3 weeks ago #1461
Problemas to vote

We are glad that you have resolved it. Happy Holidays!

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update