More precise control of Forms

3 months 4 days ago #1552
Topic Author

I am helping a client launch a site that has 3 different types of math competitions per year: And each competition requires they divide the participants into 3 categories (Primary students, Secondary, Adults). So 9 different competions.

Is there a way to filter the forms or write direct link to a form for each specific contest?

As I understand it: although the individual competitions can be organised into categories, when a user goes to add an app the dropdown menu just shows a list of all the currently published list of competitions (9 in my case - but it could be worse some years). This seams awkward way to get participants to their level and category of interest.

The topic has been locked.
3 months 4 days ago #1553

Hello Jamie!

Primary students, Secondary, Adults - is it special groups on the website? If so then you can allow only specific group to submit forms to specific competition by setting this permissions in competition.

If no then good news is that we have similar request from other our customer to be able to select specific competition in the menu item options. So basically this task is in our roadmap for the next version that we are planning in the mid of March.
But probably this task will be resolved earlier and we will let you know - some development version will be provided to you with this feature enabled :)

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-star review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Last Edit: 3 months 4 days ago by Dmitry.
3 months 2 days ago #1554
Topic Author

Thanks. Right, the issue is we do not want students to register as users so we cannot use Joomla ACL to divide them.
IT's a math contest that involves the participation of 6 year olds and up and there is zero interest in the web other than as a platform to participate in entering the contests.

So the addition of individual controls on each competition form (a feature already available in the voting function) would be most welcom, if not for this year, at least for next!

While I am on the subject! I noticed you don't have an upload link field. Obviously if the comptetion is photo, there is one generated automatically, but in the SIMPLE competition, we have an interest in allowing the participants to submit PDF/Word entries. If there is a wishlist of features for this component, I think an upload link field woud be very interesting (allowing us to configure the file types.

I am wondering if in the code for the photo contest template we could ADD a PDF or .doc as an acceptable file and maybe use the photo template for now?

3 months 1 day ago #1555

but in the SIMPLE competition, we have an interest in allowing the participants to submit PDF/Word entries. If there is a wishlist of features for this component, I think an upload link field woud be very interesting (allowing us to configure the file types.
So users should be able to submit files and these files should be stored locally, right?
And what about displaying this afterwards - how this should be rendered in the list of participants and on the participant's page?
I am wondering if in the code for the photo contest template we could ADD a PDF or .doc as an acceptable file and maybe use the photo template for now?
Everything is possible :whistle: But in this case it will be very hard, because the code processing of photos is too specific for photos.

Thanks!
3 months 1 day ago #1556
Topic Author

Yes, I understand. The idea was to screen capture and insert it as a photo or embed into the description area. But I haven't verified that the editor controls can be turned on in the description field.

So we will work around these issues as best we can. Thanks for the quick response!

3 months 1 day ago #1557

The idea was to screen capture and insert it as a photo or embed into the description area.
Are you talking about upload link field?

But I haven't verified that the editor controls can be turned on in the description field.

Controls are not there. This requires extra coding because fields are loaded via AJAX and that is why all JS code should be setup before that. Moreover on AJAX some JS calls probably should be made to get editor working. Similar with Calendar field.

Thanks!
1 month 2 weeks ago #1616

The control of submission forms was implemented in 1.7.6 release. More info in our blog post .

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update