GlyphIcon

4 months 1 week ago #1763
Topic Author
GlyphIcon

Hi,

The glyphicon (heart next to the vote count) is not showing on my site. I'm guessing it is probably an issue with my template, but I'm actually wondering if I can change this to use FontAwesome instead? I'd like to use an Award icon rather than heart, if possible, and FontAwesome has that. Plus FontAwesome is supported by my Gantry template :).

Does anyone know how to change this? Are template overrides supported - they don't appear to be?

thanks!

The topic has been locked.
4 months 1 week ago #1764
GlyphIcon

Hello Jami.

What theme are you using? Other icons are displayed normally? Would be nice to see your website to examine this issue.

Template overriding is supported www.norrnext.com/docs/norrcompetition/cu.../template-overriding

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
4 months 1 week ago #1765
Topic Author
GlyphIcon

I was using Bootstrap3, but I switched to Bootstrap2 and the heart now shows up.

so my other question is - is there a way to change it to something other than a heart? I found that glyphicons has a certificate icon that we'd like to use instead.

We are using the component for a Maps & Apps contest as part of a geospatial conference - so it's a little different than the intended use of your product, but with a little customization it seems to fit our needs pretty well.

Our site is live so the NorrCompetition component is set to only show for testers while we get it configured. We don't want it live yet because we are still working on text and layout. I'll provide some login details for you, though so you can check it out.

This message contains confidential information

Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Jami Dennis.
4 months 1 week ago #1766
GlyphIcon

You can change by overriding. I will give you the name of layouts to override. For now it's too late here, so I will look on it tomorrow.

Thanks!
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Dmitry.
4 months 1 week ago #1767
Topic Author
GlyphIcon

I found this in the documentation so I can possibly figure this out on my own.
norrnext.com/docs/norrcompetition/custom.../template-overriding

4 months 1 week ago #1768
GlyphIcon

I found this in the documentation so I can possibly figure this out on my own.
norrnext.com/docs/norrcompetition/custom.../template-overriding

Yeap, that what I was writing to you in my first answer :) Anyway the layout you need is _vote_button.php

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update