Edit Contest Fields

3 months 4 days ago #1769
Topic Author
Edit Contest Fields

Hey is it possible to edit the "Contest Fields"?
I want the user who opens a Contest in the Front-End to assign more Information for the contest.

Not just "Title, Description and Short Description" - i want to add a multiple photo upload and more text fields.
That the Contest Field could be used as a Briefing for a Design - if you know what I mean?

Is it possible somehow?

3 months 4 days ago #1770
Topic Author
Edit Contest Fields

to tell you the whole thing - I want the user to choose a Contest Cateogory. And depending on which category they choose - they should see a different Contest form whith different contest fieds.

And after the contest ist online - I want other users to be able to post there picture to that contest. But directly on that site. They should not have to search the contest in the list. They should be able to submit it very easily to that contest.

Could you do sth like that? I would pay for it - for sure

3 months 4 days ago #1771
Edit Contest Fields

Hi Jean-Philippe,

Jean-Philippe Völker wrote: Hey is it possible to edit the "Contest Fields"?
I want the user who opens a Contest in the Front-End to assign more Information for the contest.

Not just "Title, Description and Short Description" - i want to add a multiple photo upload and more text fields.
That the Contest Field could be used as a Briefing for a Design - if you know what I mean?

Is it possible somehow?

According to NorrCompetition architecture, fields can be used with entries only.
E.g. you can create a text-field "Age" and assign it to the contest, but it means the assigned fields will be displayed on the entry page. It is impossible to use custom fields on the contest page. I mean you cannot go to NorrCompetition > Fields > create the field and display this field on the contest page together with "Title, Description and Short Description". The fields can be used with entries.

However, there are a few ways to go:
1. Using of shortcodes.
You can use a 3rd party extension providing shortcodes (macros) and insert shortcodes in the description.
For instance, let's consider RokCandy .
You can create a macros:
Macros: [myfield]{text}[/myfield]
HTML: <p><b>Region:</b> {text}</p>

In the description, you can insert the following macros: [myfield]Paris district[/myfield]
As the result, using similar combination you can add any HTML snippet including gallery.
You can describe the synthax in Terms of Use, but some elements might cause a problem for end user to add. Like gallery.

2. Using form component to allow users to submit contests with extra content (fields/photos).This information should be processed by a site administrator and will require adding a new contest manually.

By the way, you can enable more settings for NorrCompetition contest form.
Please go to NorrCompetition > Options > Contest Form tab and enable additional options.

Result on the front-end (settings are grouped in tabs):

to tell you the whole thing - I want the user to choose a Contest Cateogory. And depending on which category they choose - they should see a different Contest form whith different contest fieds.
Could you do sth like that? I would pay for it - for sure

If I understood you correctly, it is possible to do. You can assign any combination of fields to different contests.
For instance:

"City" field can be assigned to "Germany got talents" contest
"Fields of study" field can be assigned to "Top University start-ups" contest
and etc.
Just go to NorrCompetition > Contests > edit your contest > click on "Fields" tab and assign required fields:

So, once you add different fields to different categories, the changes will take effect and, as the result, the fields will be changed when you select a contest in submit form.

And after the contest ist online - I want other users to be able to post there picture to that contest. But directly on that site. They should not have to search the contest in the list. They should be able to submit it very easily to that contest.

Yes, it is also possible. There is a "magic" Option to show/hide the contest field in entry form.
You can create various contests (5,10 or unlimited) and assign which contests must be available in the list on the submission form.
Please read more about it in this announce - see Option to show/hide the contest field in entry form.

I hope this information will help you. Please inform me if the problem will be resolved.

Best regards,
Eugene.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 months 4 days ago by Eugene. Reason: image edit

3 months 4 days ago #1772
Topic Author
Edit Contest Fields

Thanks for your awesome and detailed answer.
Some of your information I can use like that. But some other things I need a little change to reach my goal.

This is what I want to do:

A user in the frontend should open a Contest. For example Contest with the category: "Flyer-Design"
Now he should give all the information which is needed: How many pages; Emblem; Color; Font; Content; ...

The other users ca join this content with their design. They just need the uload possibility.

So the user who opens the content has the work whith alle the needed fields. The RokCandy thing is good, but not for Non-Programmers. It should be really easy to handle.

3 months 3 days ago #1773
Topic Author
Edit Contest Fields

would it be possible?

3 months 3 days ago #1774
Edit Contest Fields

Hi Jean-Philippe,

We have to concretize the idea to make sure we understood each other correctly.
Users of specific user group should submit contests, the rest of the users (registered group or guests) can submit entries.

According to your previous message, the task might be released absolutely differently:

1. We should add extra fields to contest settings below the "Title, Description and Short Description".
The content of these fields will be displayed on contest page only. When we proceed to entry page, this content will disappear.
2. You need to get predefined fields to be appeared on the entry page to save user's time during submission and avoid him to fill the same fields.

Could you provide additional information on the task, please? A schema-image with extra fields will help too.
We should make sure the task is clear and then we will think about the realization.

Thanks!

3 months 3 days ago #1775
Topic Author
Edit Contest Fields

Ok - attached you get the Information how it should work.
I hope it's understandable :-)

Otherwise just ask!

Thank you for your great & nice support.

Attachments:

3 months 3 days ago #1776
Edit Contest Fields

Taken from the screenshot:

The designer sees all the information the Contest opener gave

Is there a standard submit form for the designer without any modification? Should there be a select-box to select the contest and fields to be filled too?
So, the only thing you need is custom fields for contests, right?

Thanks!

3 months 3 days ago #1777
Topic Author
Edit Contest Fields

Yes, the only thing are custom fields for the contest form that I need.
And IF POSSIBLE the "Basic Options" and "Contest" in den Contest Form on one site - not in different tabs.
But that is second-rated.

3 months 2 days ago #1778
Edit Contest Fields

Hi Jean-Philippe,

Thank you for providing the information and for the schema. The task is clear now.
Well, we can do it as a commercial job. Right now we are full with the job and can work on your tasks in September.
If you are ready to wait, please let me know and I will contact you via email concerning details.

Best regards,
Eugene.

Thanks!
Last edit: 3 months 2 days ago by Eugene.

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update