NorrCompetition Error in entry and categories

2 weeks 2 days ago #1845
Topic Author

Hi
I want to know why I get this in categories see pic 00, what I miss? and I change the name to "entry form" menu item and now I get this error see pic 01, even I create a new menu item and now in the entry form I only get this error, the entry form now is not exist.

Attachments:

2 weeks 2 days ago #1846

Hi Balam Ak Ab,
This is not an issue, but warning message which appears if your site is running under PHP 7.2.
We will fix it in the next version of the component.

Now there are two ways:
1. Turn PHP from 7.2 to 7.1 or 7.0
2. Change errors report to default. Joomla Administrator Panel > Global Configuration > Server > Error Reporting set the value to Minimum or to Maximum or to System Default.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

2 weeks 2 days ago #1852

My answer was concerning the first question about warning message:
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in

As concerning the 2nd question: according to your screenshot it looks like a fatal error, but I could not reproduce it.

You wrote:

even I create a new menu item and now in the entry form I only get this error, the entry form now is not exist.

After installing NorrCompetition the submit entry menu item is being added to the NorrCompetition menu.
I rename it and change its alias and no error occurs.
Then I create a new menu item "Submit Entry" and even "Submit Contest" and no error appears.
How could you get this error? What is the version of your Joomla and PHP?

Thanks!

2 weeks 2 days ago #1857
Topic Author

HI
My php is 7.1 and above I working for the moment offline, I see whats happend, is a conflict with payplans, I dont know what do payplans with a forbidden menu app, thats make this error, I disable and unistall the payplans app, but nothing, now the competition entry form doesnt work. I send some pics I hope can help.

But I ont know why is the error in catgories, I install the same in other test and I dont have this error in categories, the only difference is I have install easysocial(error) and in other jomsocial(works fine within error categories)

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Balam Ak Ab.

2 weeks 1 day ago #1858

Hello Balam Ak Ab,

Oh, there are absolutely different problems. Let's separate them. One request = new topic.

1. Warning message on categories page can be disabled via Global Configuration. It doesn't break the functionality.
2. If I understood you correctly, the fatal error occurs due to 3rd party extension. But this is not the problem of NorrCompetition and you should contact developers of that extension.
3. We have tested NorrCompetition with both EasySocial and JomSocial earlier and we had no problem with these extensions.
4. You need to determine what caused the problem. I recommend to do it step-by-step: install clean Joomla, then install NorrCompetition. Then install one of the 3rd party extension and check out the problem.
Maybe the problem occurs due to conflicts between 3rd party extensions.

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update