Cannot set any contest

Hi,
I bought Norrcompétition i founded great
Followed your doc
Did what to do properly ( i guess)
But :
Cannot add any entry ( front and backend) - Error both ways
Cannot publish Results module - No contest to be selected

Can you tell me what to do to fix that ?
If you need credentials, send them to you by separate mail
Thanks a lot

Philippe ( France)

Joomla 3.9.1
Norrcompetirion 1.7.7
All modules installed
PHP 7.1.20

1 week 2 days ago #1882
Cannot set any contest

Hello Philippe,

Thank you for your request with details. We need to investigate these issues on your site.
Please provide credentials to us. This information can be added on reply form here using a Confidential tag (available to moderators only) or to be sent at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thank you.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

1 week 1 day ago #1883
Cannot set any contest

Hi Philippe,

I've logged to the back-end and got the warning you have mentioned:
An error has occurred. The details are in the log file.

The log file is located here: /administrator/logs/com_competition.log

However, I guess I know the reason.
There is a problem with permissions on creating new files and folders on your server.
NorrCompetition automatically creates /ncuploads/ folder in the root of your site after the installation. It is possible to set up another folder in the options. The folder does not exist and was removed or just not created (which is closer to the reality) due to permission issues.

I've created a new contest with a simple type (no photo or video) and created the entry - it was saved without a problem.
Such entry does not have any media.
This action gave me an understanding of the situation: there is a problem with permissions during creating new files/folders on the server side. So, the script just cannot create new files due to permissions.
So, in this way, the problem is general and occurs not only in NorrCompetition, but in any extension which attempting to create files (images).
You should contact a hosting provider and ask to fix permissions.

When a user or script adds new files and folders, they should get correct permissions:

Files should be set to 644
Folders should be set to 755

Please write to us about the result.

Thanks!
Last edit: 1 week 1 day ago by Eugene. Reason: Path to /ncuploads/ folder corrected

1 week 1 day ago #1884
Cannot set any contest

I have to add: there is an issue with unpublishing/trashing items. When you check an item in the list and try to send it to trash or just unpublish, there will be no result.
It is Joomla 3.9 issue: github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/23200 (there is no such issue in Joomla 3.8.x)

The issue should be fixed in the next version of Joomla.
Now please go to edit mode and change the status of the item manually (published, unpublished or trashed).

Thanks!

1 week 1 day ago #1885
Cannot set any contest

You also mentioned this moment:
Cannot publish Results module - No contest to be selected

I suppose it is because there is no contest with completed status or there are no entries.
When the permission issues will be fixed, you can try to add entries, vote for them and change the status of the contest to check out how the module works.

Good luck.
Regards,
Eugene.

Thanks!

1 week 1 day ago #1886
Topic Author
Cannot set any contest

Hello Eugène,
Thanks for all these explanations
i'll try to well understand them, fix and let you know
Nice support, great !
Have a nice day
Philippe

1 week 1 day ago #1887
Cannot set any contest

Philippe,
Feel free to ask us in the case of any questions.

Have a nice day too!

Thanks!

1 week 1 day ago #1888
Topic Author
Cannot set any contest

Hi Eugene,
I checked ncuploads folder permissions
Folder exists in images/ncuploads and set to 755
I'll send to you FTP access by private mail, for your checking
To follow..
Thanks

1 week 1 day ago #1889
Cannot set any contest

The /ncuploads should be located in the root of the site (not in /images/ folder).
Basically, I created /ncuploads/ in /images/ folder manually, but Dmitry corrected me, thus my post above was edited, so I just forgot to remove this subfolder from /images/. So, I am sorry about that.

By other words, you should have /ncuploads/ folder in the root of your site and it should have 755 attributes.
Also, make sure all files generated by scripts can be saved in any Joomla folder. (e.g. if you are using CommunityBuilder, just upload a new avatar to the user profile and if you will get the same issue, it means there is a problem with permissions).

Thanks!
Last edit: 1 week 1 day ago by Eugene.

1 week 1 day ago #1890
Cannot set any contest

Hi Philippe,
I've examined log file (which is located at /log/com_competition.log):

#Fields: datetime priority clientip category message
2018-12-04T16:25:59+00:00 ERROR [IP] com_competition The image file does not exist.

> #0 /home/[username]/www/libraries/vendor/joomla/image/src/Image.php(143): Joomla\Image\Image->loadFile('/home/users5/p/…')

So, the script cannot move and generate the image. It happens due to permissions, as I suppose.
Please contact your hosting provider as I recommended above.
New generated files should have 644 and new folders should have 755. There also might be a problem due to file owners in Apache.

You can try to add a new item which generates image somewhere else (e.g. Hikashop) and it is supposedly the problem will be the same. Can you check it out, please?

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update