Adjusting text in FB Share

4 months 2 weeks ago #1932
Topic Author

Hello,
When people share an entry through the FB Share, it is pulling up some text from the competition sidebar. What can we do so that this text is not pulled up - or where do we adjust it so that other text would pull up instead?

Our contest can be found here:
irishdancing.global/index.php/contests/big-prize-giveaway

Thank you,
Cameron

Attachments:

4 months 2 weeks ago #1934
Topic Author

Note - I saw a similar issue, www.norrnext.com/forum/social-share-for-...text-of-the-news#882 , but this did not issue a resolution that I could use to solve this issue. TY

4 months 2 weeks ago #1942

Hello Cameron,

Thank you for pointing out this problem. In the current version of NorrCompetition, the Open Graph tags are generated for photo content only.
We need to implement an additional feature to check out the type of contest and add special tags on the entry page to support videos. The task is already added to the to-do list and will be released in the next version of NorrCompetition.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

4 months 2 weeks ago #1943
Topic Author

Thank you. I'll look forward to the next release then. I believe this may have been exacerbated by another recent adjustment on the FB end, but hopefully your adjustment will be the perfect solution.

4 months 1 week ago #1961

Hi Cameron.

Just a note here about the text - when you share it should pull the contest description. So if your contest does not contain description FB tries to pull some other text.

A possible workaround I see here is to insert empty description OG tag like if there is not contest description:

<meta property="og:description" content="" />

But I do not know will it help or not :) This will be tested and we will let you know.

Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update