Norrcompeition Grid module - new features

2 months 3 days ago #2002
Topic Author

Hello.

I'm doing a meme website. for people that dont know what a meme is... its a funny picture with text in it. I use Norrcompetition to allow user to submit their own Memes ( funny images) on the website. When user upload images, it goes directly to the memes list as small thumbnails. The problem was that when user would upload.. they had to crop the image.... unfortunatly it wont show well in small thumbnail.. so i had to use Module Norrcompetition Grid and set image to medium and remove the crop css in the upload platform.

Now it work perfectly, but i find some disapointing missing things with the norrcompetition grid module.

+ It doesn't show the Share button
+ It doesn't show Submitter name.
+ it doesn't show Description

Now lets talk about Norrcompetition Component, It would be great if I could upload GIF to my website using Norrcompetition upload platform. Is it possible? if no, is there a way to make it work? :P

Thanks alot !
Anthony

Last edit: 2 months 3 days ago by Dmitry. Reason: Changed subject

2 months 3 days ago #2004

Hi Anthony.

+ It doesn't show Submitter name.
+ it doesn't show Description

Yes it is possible. Will include it in plan for the next version.

Share in fact does not make sense, because it will share the page where module is located, not a specific entry.

It would be great if I could upload GIF to my website using Norrcompetition upload platform. Is it possible? if no, is there a way to make it work?

It is possible already. The problem is that resizing of images makes GIF images static. The good news here is that NorrCompetition saves the original image :) So what I think is that a slight modifying of Grid module can show the original images.

Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Last edit: 2 months 3 days ago by Dmitry.

2 months 2 days ago #2007
Topic Author

Is there minor code i can change by myself or when i should expect a new version?

2 months 2 days ago #2008
Topic Author

I added a GIF to my website. and there is no animation. In the upload platform, i removed the Cropping Css.. so basicly like you said.. there is no resizing. still not working

2 months 9 hours ago #2011

I added a GIF to my website. and there is no animation. In the upload platform, i removed the Cropping Css.. so basicly like you said.. there is no resizing. still not working

Well you still to modify the output to display original (not resized) image.

Please drop an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we will send you a modified version of module that supports dynamic gif images.

To enable contestant name and description there is a bunch of code to be modified. So you would not make it by yourself. New version is planned to first half of March, I think.

Dmitry

Thanks!
Last edit: 2 months 9 hours ago by Dmitry.

1 month 4 weeks ago #2019
Topic Author

Thanks alot Dmitry!
`
email sent!

1 month 4 weeks ago #2023

I have sent it to an email that you have used to register on our website.

Thanks!

1 month 3 weeks ago #2068
Topic Author

Thanks you Dmitry!

Also im trying to make work VIDEOS on Norrcompetition Grid module. to make video works. you have to click on the picture links. but is it possible to make them play directly through the Norrcompetition grid module?

thanks

1 month 3 weeks ago #2072

Hi

Yes it is possible by default - it is played in lightbox when you click on picture. But in dev version I have sent to you I found an issue in .xml settings file and option to play videos is not displayed :( Please download fixed file

File Attachment:

File Name: mod_compet...grid.zip
File Size:3 KB
and unpack it to modules/mod_competition_grid

Dmitry

Thanks!
Attachments:

1 month 3 weeks ago #2076
Topic Author

Hello Dmitry!
Thanks alot for you help

Look like there no youtube logo ( play) on the thumbnail. its hard for people to know if its a video or not. yes it work if you click on it. it load to the lightbox and then you see the youtube logo and you can play the video.

Also in the module Norcompetition grid parameter, there a option name : Lightbox video. If I disable it suppose to display the thumbnail video but it only show ( like i said) the image of the video.

Thanks alot

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update