Technical issues -css, watermak, links

8 months 5 days ago #2010
Topic Author

Hello

I am in process of confiiguring Norrcmpetitions, I have been following the documentation thouroughly, but I am having some troubles with these :

1. I am trying to style my competitions - followed your documentation and created the overwrites with different attmpts but it has no effect at all, no rules are applied and they are not visible in the code, when page is loaded and examined with dev tools. Attached screenshot

2. The links are acting strange - from /entry-form or /user-entries page - when I click on my main menu button which links to /index.php?option=com_competition&view=cform - it takes me to /index.php/competitions instead - this link is empty so it returns 404.

3. Watermark is not getting applied.

I also have a question - is it possible to set two different types of votes? by this I mean paid and unpaid
I am sending the access details via email.

Many thanks

Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
8 months 5 days ago #2013

Dzien dobry Maciej,

1. Theme override problem. You made almost everything correct, but added a /theme/ folder which should be missed.

Your structure:
- /templates/
--- /protostar/

/html/
/com_competition/
/themes/ - remove this folder
/default/

The correct path:
[domain]/templates/protostar/html/com_competition/default/

2. I could not find the URLs you mentioned on your site front-end.
I see the only menu item Scena which displays the list of contests, but I do not see other NorrCompetition menu items anywhere (top menu, user menu and footer). How to reach the effect you have mentioned?
I logged in to the back-end to see the structure and I'd like to give you 2 recommendations:
- Set Public access to SCENA menu item (now it has Guest access). It is better to keep up the same logic for all menu items.

- You already have a menu item Contests (it is created automatically after NorrCompetition installation), so making a new menu item which refers to the same page is duplication. I would recommend to use System links > Menu item alias and associate SCENA menu item with Contests or something like that.

3. Watermark.
You made almost everything correct, but you set a wrong Transparency param.
According to the tooltip, the available range is 0 to 100, you set 0.5 and that's why watermark was created, but it had too strong transparency.
I've set 50 and you can see the result:
[yourdomain]/index.php/contests/1-scena-foto/10-test-entry

However, I see there is a problem with the background in watermark. I need time to examine it. I will provide more details soon.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 months 5 days ago by Eugene.
8 months 5 days ago #2014

I could reproduce this issue with watermark background on the local site, the issue is confirmed. We will investigate it and provide a solution.

Thanks!
8 months 5 days ago #2015
Topic Author

Hello

I have changed my css path, but unfortunately there is still no effect on the site :/

serwer1778371.home.pl/kidmodels/template...on/default/style.css

that is my path - am I still missing something? I just added some simple backgound for testing, but nothing gets applied.

Will appreciate your help

8 months 5 days ago #2016

The theme loads style-1.7.7.min.css file, try to modify it.

Thanks!
8 months 5 days ago #2017

Maciej Pawełczyk wrote: Hello

I have changed my css path, but unfortunately there is still no effect on the site :/

[domain]/kidmodels/templates/protostar/html/com_competition/default/style.css

If you have modified the path to CSS file, you should make sure it is correct.

You missed /css/ folder in your structure:
[URL]/kidmodels/templates/protostar/html/com_competition/default/style.css

You should make:
[ROOT]/templates/protostar/html/com_competition/default/css/style-1.7.7.min.css

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 months 5 days ago by Eugene.
8 months 5 days ago #2018

Note: do not forget to clear browser cache after modifying the overridden CSS file.

Thanks!
8 months 3 days ago #2030
Topic Author

How often it usually takes to resolve issues like this? are we looking at days or weeks?

8 months 3 days ago #2032

Usually, we do best to reply during working hours, but some tasks can take 1-3 days. It depends on the task. (see the support policy in forum sidebar).
We will keep you informed about this question.

Thanks!
8 months 2 days ago #2055

Hello Martyna,

We have investigated the issue with the watermark.
The problem is that the watermark script cannot add opacity to .png format. If a user set opacity param (0 to 100), it works fine with the .jpeg and .gif format, but cannot add the opacity to .png images.
We added a fix to the component, so please follow the following rules:

- You can set opacity param if your watermark is .jpg or .gif file
- Please do not set opacity param in the component if you are going to use .png watermark or set it to 0 (in the contest with overridden params). In such a way, the image will be added without transparency.
- If you need to make the watermark transparent, please set it in the image directly. I mean, set up the opacity for the image in a graphics editor and save the file. Then set the opacity param to 0 in NorrCompetition and upload a new watermark. The script will overlay the image without using opacity param (which lead to the conflict), however, since the image already has transparency, it will be overlayed and you get the required effect.

Example 1: .png watermark. Opacity is set to 0 in NorrCompetition settings.

Example 2: .png watermark that has transparency made in graphics editor. The opacity is set to 0 in NorrCompetition settings.

We will update the documentation and add these recommendations.

A dev version of NorrCompetition component with a fixed watermark script has been sent to your email. Please install it over the existing version and let us know about the result.

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 months 2 days ago by Eugene. Reason: Added screenshots

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update