Can I have contestants upload their own video to my site with NorrCompetition?

2 months 1 week ago #2134
Topic Author

Hi there! First off, love what you have done! Nice job! Many thanks! I am writing today to ask about video uploading though. Is there a plugin or a method in the options to swap it from remote hosted files to uploading video files for self hosting? I have ffmpeg and all that stuff like FLVTool installed on my cloud server, I do not have the typical VPS or shared hosting some may have. I have complete WHM and cPanel access in case you need me to do anything. If this is not a part of your system currently, can you let me know when it will be implemented if at all? Many thanks again!

2 months 1 week ago #2136

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your words! We are glad you like the extension.
After a long discussion, finally, we decided to implement uploading videos and let a user store videos without using external video providers. Many users have been asking about this feature and it is time to add this task to the roadmap.
We also working on the add-on providing support of remote storage Amazon S3 which soon will be released.

The mentioned above functionality will be released step-by-step, so watch for our news ;-)

P.S. if you like the extension, we'll be glad if you rate for it on the JED.

Have a nice day/evening,
Eugene.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Eugene.

2 months 1 week ago #2137

Yeap, but before that we have a bunch of work to do. We are currently focusing on implementing more unfair voting stuff like browser fingerprint, vote verification and scoring. Then we can think about video uploads ;)

Best regards,
Dmitry

Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

2 months 1 week ago #2138
Topic Author

Excited for this! May I make a small suggestion for the upload function? Have the ability to divide uploads by time increments to allow for a new dimension of contest based on length of video. Run a script that parses video duration and sends back a server response that checks video duration against allowed duration fir each contest.

2 months 1 week ago #2139

You mean implement a new parameter for contest, like "Video duration" (in seconds) and restrict uploads based on it?

Thanks!

2 months 1 week ago #2140
Topic Author

Yeah. That's a better way of saying that haha!

2 months 1 week ago #2152

Dmitry wrote: You mean implement a new parameter for contest, like "Video duration" (in seconds) and restrict uploads based on it?

+1
I had a contest idea with "short" videos and this feature would eliminate the manual check of video duration

2 months 5 days ago #2160

I had a contest idea with "short" videos and this feature would eliminate the manual check of video duration

Please note - this does not affect online videos as oEmbed does not provide the duration.

Thanks!
Last edit: 2 months 5 days ago by Dmitry.

1 month 14 hours ago #2240
Topic Author

Hey fellas!
We are anxious to use your wonderful plugin but need that upload feature! I know its only been a little over a month, but just wanted to ping you guys to see if you had any further updates on it!

1 month 14 hours ago #2241

Hi Jonathan.

I am not sure that we will made it as soon as you expect it to be. The new version 1.8.0 (plan is to release it in May) will support some additional unfair voting protection and vote details for analytics as well as support for remote storage (like Amazon S3).

Then in 1.9.0 we will try to focus on local video uploads and vote verification. If you wish we can provide you a developer version of 1.9.0 as soon as video uploads will be ready.

P. S.
We are dedicating time for our products as much as we can. Joomla extensions is not our primary job so we are developing it in our spare time.

Regards,
Dmitry

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update