Random, Lightbox, Share, Countdown, Unvote?

8 months 2 weeks ago #2192
Topic Author

Hi NORRNEXT Team.

We found your tool, because we searched for a new tool to realise our Voting with a joomla website. It's about Festival-Shirts where the visitors of this festival can vote for favourite t-shirt designs. After that we give away 3 to 5 shirts for free as a thank you for the participants.
We used JVote ( joomess.de/de/projects/jvotesystem.html ) which was a very good tool, but it is not continued. So we decide to try your tool...

Yesterday I bought the Component NorrCompetition, and today I bought the Grid Module. Since then I'm testing (on MAMP) and like it more and more, but for some problems I got some questions and hope for an easy solution:

=> For the grid module I like to enable the option "random". But if I do so, I see the message "An error has occurred in the Mod_Competition_Grid module
There are no entries to display".
Why?
We like to show the images randomly. Is it possible? We use YOOtheme Pro.

=> I like to link directly to my Contest, not just to the Category.
How do I do this? I tried to use the link as URL-Menu-Item. That works, but is there no other way?

=> When I use the grid module (which we like the most, because of the Lightbox), I have no option to show the share button. Can I activate this button/ option anywhere?

=> Otherwise, when I use the direct Link to the contest, I have no option for the Lightbox. I don't want to klick the image and get to the next page. I like to have the images with Vote-button, Share and Light box...
How do I get this?

=> Is it possible to "unvote"? If somebody clicks the wrong image and wants to change his vote?

=> Is it possible to redirect the public visitors after voting for the pictures of our contest? For example: We allow 3 votes for the contest, and want to redirect the users to a next page with our own contest, where 5 of the the participants can win something special, if they fill in their data in our form.

=> Can we also show the contwon above the Grid Module)

Hope to hear from you soon...

Best regards

Manni Henke

The topic has been locked.
8 months 2 weeks ago #2194

Hi Manni,

We are glad you have chosen our product and discover its feature.
Below is the reply to your questions:

=> For the grid module I like to enable the option "random". But if I do so, I see the message "An error has occurred in the Mod_Competition_Grid module
There are no entries to display".
Why?
We like to show the images randomly. Is it possible? We use YOOtheme Pro.

You should select contests to show in module settings. If no contest is added, there is nothing to display. If you are using YOOTheme Pro - select default theme in component and module settings. (ukit themes are compatible with Uikit2 while YOOTheme Pro is bult on Uikit3)

=> I like to link directly to my Contest, not just to the Category.
How do I do this? I tried to use the link as URL-Menu-Item. That works, but is there no other way?

Could you rephrase your question, please? When NorrCompetition is installed, the system creates a new menu item called NorrCompetition menu and there is Contests menu item which leads to the list of contests and other menu items including Categories. You can manage these menu items as you wish.

The following questions about Grid module:

=> When I use the grid module (which we like the most, because of the Lightbox), I have no option to show the share button. Can I activate this button/ option anywhere?

=> Can we also show the contwon above the Grid Module)

What is contwon? Did you mean countdown timer?
Both questions are customization. The module is an add-on to the component and does not replace its functionality at 100%. You can modify the code of the module according to your needs (PHP skills required) or submit a post to Commercial jobs section.

=> Is it possible to redirect the public visitors after voting for the pictures of our contest? For example: We allow 3 votes for the contest, and want to redirect the users to a next page with our own contest, where 5 of the the participants can win something special, if they fill in their data in our form.

Do you mean something like Progress bar? The user proceeds to the contest and see a random entry and vote for it or skip it and must complete all steps.
No, there is no such feature at the moment. We are under the discussion of releasing a comparison feature (display two photos, the user can vote for one of it), but it is not planned yet.

=> Is it possible to "unvote"? If somebody clicks the wrong image and wants to change his vote?

There is no such feature at the moment. Probably, soon we will add Report button allowing the user to report about a violation.

Best regards,
Eugene.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Eugene.
8 months 2 weeks ago #2198
Topic Author

Hi Eugene.

Tanks a lot for your fast replay.
That helps a lot, even when it not solves our problems... :)

Random order:
Yes I've selected a contest, but when changing to random, the error message occurs... Also, all layout option (in Module and in Component) are set to default.

Lint directly to the contest:
Yes I saw, but we like to link directly to the contest, not to the list, where the visitor has to click again to get to the contest.

Grid module:
Okay, that's not good for us, so we think about if we need the module. If we decide not to use, is ther a money back option?
Yes, I meant Countdown... Bad big fingers.. :lol:

Redirect:
Okay, we will try another option manually...

Unvote:
This would be a very nice option...

Lightbox ion Component:
In the component I have found no option for lightboxing the image. It just links to the details page which we don't need at all.
We like to have the images with Vote-button, Share-button and Lightbox... Possible with the component?

Best regards an have a nice weekend!

Manni

Attachments:
8 months 2 weeks ago #2199

Hi Manni,
Thank you for your questions.
You asked about the module and attached screenshots with component settings...
Next time please point what the question is related to: to the component or to the module ;-)

Yes I've selected a contest, but when changing to random, the error message occurs... Also, all layout option (in Module and in Component) are set to default.

We are working on a new version of Grid module, so I can send you a dev version of the module where this issue is fixed.

Lint directly to the contest:
Yes I saw, but we like to link directly to the contest, not to the list, where the visitor has to click again to get to the contest.

You can create a menu item related to the specified contest. NorrCompetition > Contest

So, when a user clicks on such a menu item, they will see the list of entries of the contest.

Okay, that's not good for us, so we think about if we need the module. If we decide not to use, is ther a money back option?
Yes, I meant Countdown... Bad big fingers.. :lol:

Well, we can refund you, but you should make sure will you use this module or not :-)
If you think the module is okay for your site, we can send you a dev version of the module that has a fix of Random order (soon the new version of the module will be released).
There is no countdown timer in the module.

Unvote:
This would be a very nice option...

It will be Report button which usually can be used to report about the violation, however, the user can use this feature to ask to undo their vote. A notification will be sent to the site administrator and a human should do further action. So, this feature is not the same as Unvote (which means automatically undo of the vote by the click).

Lightbox ion Component:
In the component I have found no option for lightboxing the image. It just links to the details page which we don't need at all.
We like to have the images with Vote-button, Share-button and Lightbox... Possible with the component?

Probably, we will implement just a light-box for the entry, the gallery with additional photos of the same entry can be added to the light-box too.
However, the user must close lightbox to click on Vote and Share button.
But as I wrote above, we are planning to make kind of comparison feature in the future.

Have a nice day!
Eugene.

Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Attachments:
8 months 1 week ago #2200
Topic Author

Hi Eugene.

Thanks again. :-)

I tried to post both images, from the component and from the module to show you, I've set all layout option to default.
Somehow it not work. I try again now... :-)

Dev-Version of Module:
That would be very nice, but I like to prevent from other error issus because we have to start our competition in 7 days.
If you thoin it works fine, yes, please send it to me... :-) Thanks

Link to contest:
Yes! This is what I need and what I was looking for! :-)
I'm missing that sprecial button "Contest"... :-(
See sreenshot

I switched the admin to english and: whoops! there it is... :-)
Language problem? Also when I switch back the language to german the button still works fine... :-)

I think we like the module, and so we will use it, also, if there is no "Share" button at the moment. But if the random order works in the dev module, please send me.
Thanks.

We think the unvote option would be nice to have, but it's not neccessary at the moment.
Let's be honest: It could not be very complicated for the visitors to first view all designs and then to vote for 3 favorites ... :-D

We will put in another countdown manually. :-)

Today I plan to put the first website with NORR Competition online for preview.
If I have trouble with anything, can send you the link? Where can I send you the access data fot the amin backend?

Have a nice day!

Manni

Attachments:
8 months 1 week ago #2201

Hi Manni.

Just a note here - "Share" button does not share specific entry it shares the entire page. That is how sharing works as it uses Open Graph tags from the entire page to generate specific sharing data.

The only option to share specific entry is to do it from the entry page.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
8 months 1 week ago #2202

By the way - are you planning contests with votes for designs?

Let's be honest: It could not be very complicated for the visitors to first view all designs and then to vote for 3 favorites ...

If so our advice is to use ImageMagick library for images. See this thread for details:
www.norrnext.com/forum/norrcompetition/7...ils-and-intro-images

Dmitry

Thanks!
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Dmitry.
8 months 1 week ago #2203
Topic Author

Hi Dmitry.

Yes I thought so. Just like the option to share the entire page.

We think about the option...

Best regards...

Manni

8 months 1 week ago #2204
Topic Author

Yes, that's what we will do. :-)
Thanks! I switched from GD zo IM.

Another question: Do you have an idea, how we can solve the way to the next step?
Problem is: After voting for 3 Designs, the visitors should be redirectet to a form, where they can fill in their names and email-addresses for winning a shirt. If we build a button under the contest grid module, they can go to the winnig section without voting. This winning area should be hidden until 3 votes are made... Any idea?
Best regards
Manni

8 months 1 week ago #2205

One thing that comes to my mind is to use onParticipantAfterVoteSave event. Check the total votes of a user and if it is 3 then make a redirect.

Thanks!
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Dmitry.

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update

Follow us in social media