Entry fields not displaying to public/guest

2 months 1 week ago #2234
Topic Author

Hello,

For our contest: irishdancing.com/index.php/contests/big-prize-giveaway ,
I am able to see the entry fields (even when logged out) from my computer (off of entry page - irishdancing.com/index.php/photo-contest-crc-2019-instagram ). (#1)

However other public and guests are getting contest, but without entry forms.

I believe I have set permissions correctly, but must have missed something.

I will email you login credentials for my website. Can you help?
Thank you,
Cameron
(This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)

Attachments:

2 months 1 week ago #2235

Hi Cameron.

Just followed the link and able to see the fields. Attached how it looks on my mobile.

What I think is that some error happens when fields are trying to load. As they are loading via AJAX this error can be seen in the browser developer console only. Probably an error also is logged into administrator/logs/com_competition.log file. Please check it.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Attachments:

2 months 1 week ago #2236

Checked from other computer - the same. I can see the fields.

Thanks!

2 months 1 week ago #2237
Topic Author

Thank you. It appears to just be happening on a few systems. I have not been able to reproduce it on my own computer - however one user found that they could pull up the fields under safari - but not under Chrome - but their Chrome is the version as the one I am using- so I am attempting to determine if they have some setting that is triggering this issue.

2 months 1 week ago #2238

Nothing in the logs?

What you can do also is to ask this user to open developer tools (Ctrl+Shift+I) and check the Network tab for XHR responses. Error should be there. See attache example.

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Dmitry.

2 months 1 week ago #2239
Topic Author

Unfortunately there was no comp folder in the logs.
We have many competitors having this issue - and I am reaching out to them to see if we can get the information.
I am afraid it may have something to do with our redirecting of our website from (irishdancing.global - irishdancing.com), but am at a loss as to why on the same computer this error occurs when the user opens irishdancing.com contest in Chrome, but not in safari.
Hope to have more information later today.

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update