Can't create an entry
We have set up a category, fields (including a title), and a contest.
However when we try to create an entry we get a JFile error: prnt.sc/ot3ru8
Can you please help... this process is proving very difficult!
I'm happy to provide these credentials:
The log file says this...
I guess the problem is in Fast-CGI. Please try to enable the Apache handler.
The Fast-CGI issue will be fixed in the NorrCompetition version 1.8.0.
Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Strange issue, needs more debugging. Is it your dev site and I can you use any debug on it?
Well I've managed to solve it
First of all I have disabled "Scan uploaded files" on jHackGuard, because it does not allow to upload files normally. See this tip:
Secondly I fixed interesting issue that I was never faced before. In some environments there is a problem interpreting URL generated with Joomla API as a string. I cannot identify clearly why does it happen, but probably when URL consists of third/fourth level domain. This caused problems in getting the filename of the uploaded image.
Anyway I have implemented more cleaner approach that helped to fix it. This will be implemented in upcoming 1.8 version (plan to release it in the end of August).
If you will be moving to production environment before 1.8 release, please contact us and I will provide you with the fix on your production website.
Thanks for your efforts Dmitry.
I really need to get this deployed early next week.
I will destroy this staging copy and create a clean version.
I’ll then turn off the jHackGuard scan on upload and reinstall 1.7.8.
If you can supply the code change, we can implement them and report the result.
The same change should be made in two files: admin/controllers/participant.php and site/controllers/appform.php
$newPhoto = str_replace(NC_URL_PHOTOS . '/tmp/', '', $this->input->getString('photo', ''));
$newPhoto = basename($this->input->getString('photo', ''));
I did what I said I would do... created new staging2 area, deselected "scan uploaded files", and uploaded the install package for 1.7.8
However, as soon as I upload the install, I get this error (screenshot):
There is no evidence that anything has been installed, but if you go to extensions > manage > manage > and search for "nor"... you get this:
If you uninstall that artifact, and return to the install process and try to install the package again, it reports that installs successfully.... so something "unseen" must have been installed or a table created on the first attempt I guess!
I then made the 2 code changes and so far in tests it seems okay.
The error I see on your screen is not produced by extension itself because there is no such SQL query in the installation SQL file. For some unknown reason Joomla extensions installation routine is trying to perform ALTER TABLE on table that does not exists. I have no idea at the moment why it is happening. I will try to test it on my local environment.
You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.