Voting not registering

7 months 1 week ago #2762
Topic Author
Voting not registering

Voting not registering.
We have several "unusual" contests - where the user can login and cast a "VOTE" for one of the entries. We then randomly pull from the votes cast on each entry to see who won that entry. This has worked well for almost a year, but now, for some reason the votes are no longer recording. Can you help? (If you login, try to cast vote, it appears that all is in order, except the vote is not being recorded. I know that this is not working since the new year, I am unsure whether it was working the last week in December.)
The website is irishdancing.com The open contests can be found at : irishdancing.com/index.php/contests/enter-to-win

There is a user name NorrCompHelp with an associated email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (so you can reset password). Any user who registers should be able to vote (for now) - so even creating a new user should work. THANK YOU ! Cameron

Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
7 months 1 week ago #2763
Voting not registering

Hi Cameron.

Did you make some updates or something else? Maybe some contest settings are different?

Best regards,
Dmitry

P.S.
Please change the password for NorrCompHelp as it not possible for super users to reset. You can send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Last edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Dmitry.
7 months 1 week ago #2764
Topic Author
Voting not registering

Thank you.
No no updates have been performed in the past several weeks, and we had no issues before that time.
The current contests were copied from previous contests. The Jabuary-February 2020 contest is new, however the December-January 2020 contest was active last month.
Unfortaunetly it looks liek one person was jsut able to cast a vote for each contest, but no other votes are being recorded and I cannot get mine to record either - so I am at a loss as to what might be happening.

7 months 1 week ago #2765
Topic Author
Voting not registering

Thank you.
No no updates have been performed in the past several weeks, and we had no issues before that time.
The current contests were copied from previous contests. The Jabuary-February 2020 contest is new, however the December-January 2020 contest was active last month.
Unfortaunetly it looks liek one person was jsut able to cast a vote for each contest, but no other votes are being recorded and I cannot get mine to record either - so I am at a loss as to what might be happening.

=================
I have figured it out. IT turns out you need to hit the recaptcha BEFORE clicking on VOTE. If you click on VOTE first, the vote will not register. If you hit the RECAPTCHA first and then VOTE, it registers.

Sorry to have not figured this out earlier!

7 months 1 week ago #2766
Topic Author
Voting not registering

Thank you.

=================
I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT! It turns out you need to hit the recaptcha BEFORE clicking on VOTE. If you click on VOTE first, the vote will not register. If you hit the RECAPTCHA first and then VOTE, it registers.

Sorry to have not figured this out earlier!

7 months 1 week ago #2773
Voting not registering

Great :)

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Follow us in social media