Voting Issues

3 weeks 22 hours ago #2829
Topic Author
Voting Issues

I am getting feedback from people about some difficulties when trying to vote. I have set up the contests so people can cast up to 7 votes and a maximum of two votes per entry.
- Norrcompetion only states the message "Thank you for your vote", people are unable to keep track of how many votes they have already placed and who they voted for.

- After deleting a vote in the admin area, that vote is still counted and the person is not allowed to vote.

The following is a message that I have received from one of our members and it reflects how others are feeling about the voting process:

"Hi Walter, I just voted and have no idea which ones I voted for. It only said "thank you for your vote" after the first one I voted for. I just kept going until it said I had already voted. There must be a less frustrating way to vote. I tried to vote twice for at least one and had to go out and come back in for it to let me do that. Bottom line, I understand why members are not voting".

-Is there a way to implement a scoring system instead of just counting votes? (just asking)

Thanks for your support.

Walter

Last edit: 3 weeks 22 hours ago by Walter Rojter.

3 weeks 17 hours ago #2832
Voting Issues

- Norrcompetion only states the message "Thank you for your vote", people are unable to keep track of how many votes they have already placed and who they voted for.

It will be possible to show in the next 1.8.2 version. Please see this thread:
www.norrnext.com/forum/norrcompetition/8...te-credits-remaining

- After deleting a vote in the admin area, that vote is still counted and the person is not allowed to vote.

It depends on cookies check. Unfortunately, if cookies check is enabled then deleting from database won't remove it from user's browser. Use Fingerprint instead of cookies.

I tried to vote twice for at least one and had to go out and come back in for it to let me do that.

I need more information on this? Is it from the entry page (there should not be such issue) or from the entries list (possibly such issue can exist)?
-Is there a way to implement a scoring system instead of just counting votes? (just asking)
No, there is no way to implement scoring system.

Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update

Follow us in social media