Resize on upload

3 weeks 6 days ago #3041
Topic Author
Resize on upload

Is there any way to automatically resize images that are being submitted to my photo contest? People want to enter, but don't know how to resize before entering and want to upload from their cell phones. Any way to do this?

3 weeks 6 days ago #3042
Resize on upload

Hi Bonnie,
All photos are being automatically resized during uploading according to the size to be set in global options or in contest settings.
norrnext.com/docs/norrcompetition/configuration/images

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

2 weeks 3 days ago #3043
Topic Author
Resize on upload

The images are uploading OK and end up in a tmp folder, but when larger images are uploaded we get an error message that doesn't give us any idea why it didn't work.

Attachments:

2 weeks 3 days ago #3044
Resize on upload

Hello.

When you are uploading images that is bigger then allowed in component settings then you have a proper message:

This generic error means that some fatal error occurred in the code. Please check browser console in developer tools - there possibly should be description of error. Or you can provide a link to your website to examine an issue you have.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Attachments:

2 weeks 2 days ago #3045
Resize on upload

Also please check com_competition error log in /administrator/logs.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Thanks!

2 weeks 1 day ago #3046
Topic Author
Resize on upload

I'm not finding any error messages that make sense in the logs and I'm kind of at a loss as to what's happening. I've love for you to take a look at it. Where do I send the login info?

Loveofaging.com

2 weeks 1 day ago #3047
Resize on upload

Please send to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or post here under confidential tag.

Thanks!

2 weeks 5 hours ago #3048
Resize on upload

Well it was easy to find :whistle: I opened developer tools in my browser and check the console. An error is there :)

So please set image library to GD in component options if you do not have ImageMagick installed.

Thanks!
Attachments:

1 week 6 days ago #3049
Topic Author
Resize on upload

ImageMagick is now installed and I'm still getting errors on any images over 2000 pixels. Not any of the errors described in your documentation, just Error occurred.

I have got the PHP upload size set to 16Mb, but I understand there are several places where this could be blocked. Your documentation is vague, except for someone who is a developer, which I am not. Any other suggestions on how I can make this nightmare go away?

1 week 6 days ago #3050
Resize on upload

I am sorry, but what is the connection between our documentation and your problem? Our documentation is not for developers.

There is again 500 Internal Server Error and this could be anything on the server side. One more time check administrator/logs. If you do not see nothing connected with com_competition, please check server's error.log (if you do not know how to find it please ask your hosting provider).

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Follow us in social media