Incorrect image when positing to any social media site

2 years 5 months ago #241
Topic Author
's Avatar
Incorrect image when positing to any social media site

I have set up the Open Graph plugin and element in zoo.
I have loaded an image in the Open Graph element.
I see the open graph tags on the page when I use the browser inspector.

When I use the social links it grabs the wrong image. When I post on any social site it grabs the wrong image.

Please help.
Thanks

2 years 5 months ago #242
Re: Incorrect image when positing to any social media site

Hi garfry,
Open Graph for ZOO takes first image from the content if no image was selected manually. Usually it is header image from the content.

As concerning the screenshot which was enclosed by you: unfortunately, I cannot determine is there wrong image URL or not without examining it on a live site. is there a correct or a wrong path to the image?
If there is a correct path, the problem is in cache. Bear in mind that Facebook caching pages, so you may clean the cache using this tool:
developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
Here you can paste URL of your page and click on "Debug". The cache will be cleaned and you can try to verify the result posting a link at FB.

Please, send me temporary access to admin panel of your website or, at least, a link on the page where this issue occurs.
Below you can find Site details tab to provide access or you can send it at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update