facebook share description

2 years 5 months ago #354
Topic Author
facebook share description

i'm using open graph for zoo, and i have this issue.
if in the option of open graph i set up title and description, i always see title of the article, and description in the footer of the site.
can you help?
thank you

2 years 5 months ago #360
Re: facebook share description

Hello Gabrielle,

Thanks for your question. We'll check this issue and let you know asap.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

2 years 5 months ago #361

i always see title of the article, and description in the footer of the site.

Can I ask to provide more details about this issue? I need it to understand the question correct and to reproduce it.

I'm testing this element and add custom title and description to the ZOO item. As a result, OpenGraph tags adds correctly. Can I ask you to describe your issue in details, please?

Thanks!

2 years 5 months ago #362
Topic Author

for example:

Start Norrnext Opengraph Meta Tags 
meta property="og:locale" content="it_IT" />
meta property="og:type" content="article"/>
meta property="og:title" content="UNA CASA CHE VALE IL 5X1000"/>
meta property="og:image" content="[b]http://www.ilcalendariodelgeometra.it/images/CEIS.jpg[/b]"/>
meta property="og:description" content="Ad Ancona il Ce.I.S. Centro Italiano di Solidarietà da molti anni si occupa di accogliere in due case famiglia dei minori in difficoltà familiare in affido temporaneo" />
meta property="og:url" content="http://www.ilcalendariodelgeometra.it/blog/item/una-casa-che-vale-il-5x1000?lang=it"/>
meta property="og:site_name" content="Il Calendario del Geometra"/>
meta property="article:section" content="Blog" />
meta property="article:published_time" content="2016-05-14T10:03:52+00:00" />
meta property="article:modified_time" content="2016-05-16T07:47:49+00:00" />
meta property="og:updated_time" content="2016-05-16T07:47:49+00:00" />
meta name="twitter:card" content="summary" />
meta name="twitter:title" content="UNA CASA CHE VALE IL 5X1000"/>
meta name="twitter:description" content="Ad Ancona il Ce.I.S. Centro Italiano di Solidarietà da molti anni si occupa di accogliere in due case famiglia dei minori in difficoltà familiare in affido temporaneo"/>
meta name="twitter:url" content="http://www.ilcalendariodelgeometra.it/blog/item/una-casa-che-vale-il-5x1000?lang=it"/>
meta name="twitter:image" content="http://www.ilcalendariodelgeometra.it/images/CEIS.jpg"/>
meta itemprop="name" content="UNA CASA CHE VALE IL 5X1000">
meta itemprop="description" content="Ad Ancona il Ce.I.S. Centro Italiano di Solidarietà da molti anni si occupa di accogliere in due case famiglia dei minori in difficoltà familiare in affido temporaneo">
meta itemprop="image" content="http://www.ilcalendariodelgeometra.it/images/CEIS.jpg">
End Norrnext Opengraph Meta Tags

but in facebook share i have this image http://[domainURL]/images/box_calendario.png that is in the footer of the site

also twitter seems have problem, always post only title and link to article, no customized description, or image..

thank you

Last edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Eugene. Reason: Broken URLs

2 years 5 months ago #363

Well, that's interesting issue.

Since HTML code with Open Graph are correct, it means our plugin generates valid tags according to article settings and the problem should be debugged from another side.
I've tried to see this page in Facebook debugger: developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
There still was old image despite of fact HTML code has a new image path.
After writing this message I decided to clear FB cache again and got correct image.

Twitter validator show correct result with new image: cards-dev.twitter.com/validator

I suppose there are two reasons:

1. Server configuration or .htaccess rules. Perhaps there is a strong page cache.
2. DNS settings (you recently moved site from another domain and sometimes Internet provider opens old site. It will be disappeared soon, when DNS settings will be updated)

Can you us .htaccess file for examining or provide temporary access at your site to be send at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.? (FTP, admin access)
Also it's good to verify the following information: hosting providers can use any accelerator to cache pages. So, you must be sure is there any caching on back-end side? (server)

Best regards,
Eugene.

Thanks!

2 years 5 months ago #364

Hi Gabrielle,
In addition to the previous message: I suppose it's Facebook cache.
If it would be a caching on server side or a plugin issue, we'll get wrong URL path in Open Graph tags, but since we get correct HTML code, this is Facebook behavior.
I can recommend to clear cache in FB after posting URLs in news feed. I'm gonna to talk to our dev team and ask is there any way to clear FB cache automatically.
I'll keep you informed.

Thanks!

2 years 4 months ago #377

Hello Gabrielle,
We've discussed this situation. There is a special tag which can be used to clean Facebook cache.
In next version of the extension we'll include a new option to clean FB cache. New version to be released very soon (this week, I hope).

Best regards,
Eugene.

Thanks!

2 years 4 months ago #378
Topic Author

this sounds good.
thank you

2 years 4 months ago #451

Hello Gabrielle,

We are sorry for the long delay in reply.

After many discussions we decided not to implement automatic solution to clean Facebook since it can lead to the unpredictable consequences.
The arguments against automatic solution (“Clean all cache” feature):

1. User has a large number of articles. If the user clicking on “Clean Cache for all” button, a large number of queries will be proceeded to Facebook debugger. Theoretically, it can cause numerous errors in queries during the process, finally we cannot guarantee how Facebook will react on such activity (perhaps the site might be banned by FB, it depends on FB algorithms).

2. How to clean cache? All is fine in theory, but as concerning practice… Examples:
2.1. The plugin has been installed by user on the site with large number of articles.
If user will edit any article, the FB cache for such article will be cleaned. It’s not suitable to edit each article and click on special button in case if there are lot of articles and you need to clean cache for all the content.
2.2. Make automatically update for each loaded article. I.e. when the article opens at front-end side, the script send query to Facebook debugger. It will generate giant number of queries due to page views.
2.3. Make update at once after saving the article. We can use a special event and send query to Facebook linter (debugger) each time when the article is being saved. It’s also not user friendly to open article to edit each time when you need to clean the cache. It’s better to use Facebook linter directly.

As concerning the last paragraph, there might be doubts (“It’s suitable since we send a query to clean FB cache immediately after new article publishing”).
It is not the case, because when we publishing a new article at first time, Facebook has yet no information about this article, and thereby there is no sense to clean the cache. Moreover, Facebook use special algorithm of information updating, but its periodicity is unknown.But what is known is a special tag which affects on cache cleaning positively:

<meta property="article:modified_time" content="2016-05-16T06:48:31+00:00" />

Our plugin generates this tag and and its date updates all the time when the article is being changed.

in this way, it makes no sense to implement a special feature of clearing all cache. We just recommend to use Facebook linter (debugger) or to reload page in Facebook.

Kind regards,
Eugene.

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update