Open Graph and Gallery Pro element

1 year 4 months ago #808
Topic Author

hi,
i just bought your open graph for zoo plugin.
but it dont work as i expect. i was thing it will work automatically and put first zoo image tag.

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Eugene. Reason: Update of topic title

1 year 4 months ago #815
refund

Hello Adam,
The plugin uses ZOO image automatically. Probably you did not configure the element correctly.
According to our refund policy we offer 7 days refund. Since you mentioned about technical problem - we are ready to help you to configure this product. Just send us temporary credentials to your site (administrator's login and password) at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. But if you really don't want to use this product - please confirm and the subscription will be declined we make the refund.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

1 year 4 months ago #816
Topic Author
refund

Hi Eugene,

i cant give you access to the site as its live site of my client. But i dont see any settings in the product that can be solve this.
i got element in the app

i got plugin enabled

it put image tag automatically but its not the correct image.. somehow it take image from the zoo category inside the items.. you can check it here for example - www.realitybm.sk/ (updated URL)

if you can solve this ill be happy to use it. otherwise i need to ask for the refund.
thx

Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Eugene. Reason: Updated URL

1 year 4 months ago #817
refund

Hi Adam,
The plugin processes core image element. If it is already added, the image for Open Graph will be taken from this element. If you already added core image element and it works incorrectly, then it is needed to examine the structure of your site on backend side.

What image must be displayed in Open Graph and what is name of the element that displays image?
I see this pic: www.realitybm.sk/images/headers/levice_hrad.jpg
But I don't see it here: www.realitybm.sk/ (updated URL)
Which means this value is set by default or selected in OG element manually.

If you did not add core image element, then you must add custom OG image in each article. From the other hand, we can modify OpenGraph plugin to handle your image element (FTP access will be required).
I am going to record video tutorial and extend the documentation to show how to configure the plugin correctly.

What we can do now:
1. You can make a clone of the site and place it somewhere in the Internet (subdomain) and provide temporary access to us. As soon as the problem be solved, you will do required changes on live site.
2. Using Joomla ACL you can create a new user group and user and limit access to ZOO component only (view mode only, no edit). As a result, we can examine ZOO settings without permission to change anything. It will help to understand the structure of the site.
3. Go on corresponding here and provide more information about site structure. It will take more time.
4. As soon as the video tutorial will be finished, you can watch it and compare to your settings.

The quickest ways are 1 and 2.

Best regards,
Eugene.

Thanks!
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Eugene. Reason: Updated URL due to non-existing page

1 year 4 months ago #818
Topic Author
refund

hi,

ok. i send you the logins to your email.
its a live site so dont change anything please.

in the url i write about there was not image set in the zoo item. thats the strange thing.. i dont know from where it take that image (its the main image of the parent category...)

for display image in the zoo item full we use our own gallery element. we display it once as the only one image and than as the gallery wall (so the lightbox will be connected).. we want that open graph use for the tag the first big image..

thx

1 year 4 months ago #819
refund

Hi Adam,
We have checked out your site structure. So, everything, as we expected. There are the following elements:

• textarea
  • gallery pro - displays images
But image (img) element is empty (not used)

All images are handled by Gallery Pro element on your site. Standard image (img) is not used. Our plugin operates with standard image and automatically makes OG image taken from image element. By other words, if the image is selected in img field, the OG plugin will automatically use it. Otherwise you can just add OG element and select the image manually. If no image is selected, the plugin will take default value from its settings.

Since this element is not added, the plugin uses default image taken from its settings.

What you can do:

1. Select picture in img field in ZOO item.

2. Select picture in OpenGraph settings. It's similar to previous step.

3. We can modify the plugin to take 1st image from gallery pro automatically.
It's not good to work on live site, so if you need this modification, I recommend you to make copy of the site and provide us FTP access / full admin back-end access or send ImagePro element and we can examine it locally and modify OG plugin for you.
I also want to take note of optimal size for Open Graph images.
Facebook recommends 1200 x 630 pixels for the og:image dimensions, which is an approximate aspect ratio of 1.91:1
See info .

So, probably the best way for you is to prepare special images according to FB recommendation and assign them manually via OG elements (see point no.2 above).

Best regards,
Eugene.

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Eugene.

1 year 4 months ago #829
refund

Hello Adam,

So, which way will we go?

By the way, we founded a bug in plugin: duplication information of categories in articles.
New version of the plugin has been released.

Please download version 1.2.4 and install it on your site.

Thanks!

1 year 3 weeks ago #941
Topic Author
refund

hi Eugene,
srry for late reply.

thanks for you answers and solutions.. on this site we stay with the 2. solution with manual setting images.. our gallery element will be changing in the future..

but.. i still have issue with the tags duplicity int the code.. i just download and installed your latest version 1.2.4 but it seems it dont help..

can you please check this?
thanks again

Edit:
i just found out that duplication is only in items.. and it put one set of tags from zoo category..
can see it here view-source:https://www.realitybm.sk/exkluzivne/luxusna-vila-na-ostrove-v-thajsku.html

Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by adam bako.

1 year 3 weeks ago #943

Hi Adam,

Can you, please, send us temporary credentials to your site (FTP, admin)? We shall examine this issue on your site directly. The credentials can be sent at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks!
Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Eugene. Reason: Edited topic title

1 year 3 weeks ago #944
Topic Author

hi..

ok.. im sending you logins

Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by adam bako. Reason: change answer

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update