Problem after upgrade to php 7.1

1 month 1 day ago #1709
Topic Author

We are using NorrCompetition 1.6.1. We recently upgraded our php version to 7.1 and it was no longer possible to upload images without an error. We went back to php 5.6 so the uploads will again work.

My pre-sale question is: does the newest 1.6.2 of Norr Competition address and correct this php version issue? If so, I will gladly sign on for another year.

Thanks
Les Siemens

1 month 1 day ago #1710

Hi Les,

Yes, we do the best to make NorrCompetition compatible to the latest Joomla version and fix any possible issues.
You need to update Joomla and NorrCompetition to its latest versions to provide the best result.
NorrCompetition works fine with PHP 7.1. If any potential issue will occur, we are here to help.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

1 month 1 day ago #1711

Probably it is not connected with old version of NC. If you will provide an error message that you have then it could be possible to understand why this issue happens.

May be some PHP extensions are missing on 7.1 that was compiled with 5.6.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Add your voice to the JED listing with a 100-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Last Edit: 1 month 1 day ago by Dmitry.

1 month 1 day ago #1712
Topic Author

Hello Dmitry,
Here is attached screen capture. When selecting the image from the folder (image is well under size limitations, and works when I change back to php5.6), the message File is uploading, Please wait, and the animation starts, and within a second changes to the unspecified error shown in screen grab.

Thank you for your consideration in examining this issue.
Les
cameraguildsuncity.com

Attachments:

1 month 1 day ago #1713

It looks like the issue we already fixed in version 1.7.2.

I also have to note the cURL must be enabled on your server.

Thanks!

1 month 1 day ago #1714

When selecting the image from the folder (image is well under size limitations, and works when I change back to php5.6),

Probably cURL is disabled in PHP 7.1 settings and enabled in PHP 5.6. Please check it out.

Thanks!

1 month 1 day ago #1715
Topic Author

Hello Eugene,
I had not thought to check that; however, if my poor php ability is correct it seems that cURL is working.
I created and ran the attached php file, and with php 5.6 or php 7.1 I receive this reply: cURL is installed on this server

I'm not sure it attached; here is the script:
<?php

// Script to test if the CURL extension is installed on this server

// Define function to test
function _is_curl_installed() {
if (in_array ('curl', get_loaded_extensions())) {
return true;
}
else {
return false;
}
}

// Ouput text to user based on test
if (_is_curl_installed()) {
echo "cURL is <span style=\"color:blue\">installed</span> on this server";
} else {
echo "cURL is NOT <span style=\"color:red\">installed</span> on this server";
}
?>

1 month 1 day ago #1716

Well,
Okay, according to your report, the cURL is enabled and it is caused the issue. However, there was the image uploading issue fixed in NC 1.7.2 (as I mentioned above).

I would recommend to update Joomla to 3.8.8 and install the latest version of NorrCompetition. It works as a clock on PHP 7.

Thanks!

1 month 1 day ago #1717
Topic Author

Thank you. I am getting set to redo the site completely this summer. New applications and templates. But, we have found nothing as good as NorrCompetition for photo sharing and reviewing, so I will be upgrading during that process. I'm requesting our organization to let me go for the lifetime bundle.

You guys are great. You already have my stellar review on JED (I think I was the first one). Keep up the excellent work.
Les

1 month 23 hours ago #1718

Thank you for your words, Les! :-)
The reviews on the JED are very important since it allows other people to know what kind of product they are going to use and it is always interesting to read about the experience of other clients and we are thankful to you for your objective review.
There are a lot of new features appeared in the component since ver.1.6.1 to make the contests more efficient.
If you have a time, you can examine this topic with Tips&Tricks or have a look at the video to discover something new.

Feel free to contact us in a case of any questions.

Eugene.

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update