Validate votes on Norr Competition

7 months 1 week ago #1229
Topic Author

I am using your Norr Competition Joomla plugin.( demo.norrnext.com/norrcompetition/competitions/beautiful-earth ) However, I am encountering a problem of suspicious voting activity. I would like to know if there is a way to identify multiple voting from the same person or a group. We have enabled IP validation, however, It appears they use different IPs and browsers may be using VPNs. Is there any other way to identify these activities?

7 months 1 week ago #1233

Hi Irantha,
Unfortunately, there is no other way to identify the activities since it is technically hard to realize.
You can try to enable Captcha or allow only registered users to vote.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-star review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Last Edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Eugene.

7 months 1 week ago #1235
Topic Author

Thanks Eugene for the quick reply. What does contain in UserAgent details? What does it mean when they are identical for several likes?

Thanks

7 months 1 week ago #1236

Different users can have the same UserAgent. The idea with UserAgent was to allow voting to different users within the same IP.
It might be important in various situations like university or dormitory where a lot of computers have the same IP and etc. and it is impossible to limit users by IP.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-star review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update