Share buttons don´t show up in the frontend

1 year 5 months ago #370
Topic Author
Share buttons don´t show up in the frontend

Hi!
I bought the latest „Social share for ZOO“ (1.0.3), but for some reason, it does not show up in the frontend.
I installed the extension, then I added “social share” to the article within the configuration of my blog (little gearwheel). Att.1
“Social share” is displayed (and activated) in the backend in the item of my blog, as you can see in the attachment2.
But it does not show up in the frontend… Besides, I don´t know where to choose the button style.
What am I doing wrong? Sorry, but I could not find any documentation on your website.
Joomla 3.5.1., Zoo version 3.3.17

I´d appreciate your help very much, thank you!
BR
Carla

1 year 5 months ago #371
Re: Share buttons don´t show up in the frontend

Hello Carla!
Thank you for the request. Here is short step-by-step tutorial how to configure the element.

1. Go to ZOO backend and click on Config icon.

Now choose your App. Let it be a Blog for example.

2. Now you need to select a content type (article, gallery, etc), in our case it's Social Share.

We see list of templates and each template comes with list of so-called sub-templates.
[Name of template]: Edit | Feed | Full | Submission | Teaser

Full - it's full article while Teaser is article in categories list.

3. Just open and edit it:

I hope this little tutorial will help you to configure the element. Please inform me about your success and feel free to ask questions.

Best regards,
Eugene.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-star review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

1 year 4 months ago #372
Topic Author

Hi Eugene,
thank you so much for your quick reply.
I did what you recommended but unfortunately, still no result. Here is the link: soulsisters.at/dies-das/blog/item/test.html
I have no idea what´s wrong. I could give you temporary access if you want to.
Thank you very much.
Best Regards,
Carla

1 year 4 months ago #373

Hello Carla!

Of course, I'd be glad to help you. Please send temporary access to your site (Administrator) at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I'll set up the element and inform you about the result.

Kind regards,
Eugene.

Thanks!

1 year 4 months ago #391
Topic Author

Hi Eugene,
thank you again for your help. Still there is a question left (unfortunately I got no answer via e-mail): Is there any conflict with the original “FB like” button?
Because I realized that the former “like” counts on blog items seem to be automatically transferred to the new installed “share buttons” – which is not correct. As far as I understood there is a difference between “like” and “share”. My client wants to have both of them.
So how can I reset the “share” to 0 while leaving the old “like” buttons as they are? Do they work together in the future?
Best Regards,
Carla

1 year 4 months ago #393

Hello Carla,

I am sorry if your question still actual since I was supposed it was replied in my e-mail which was sent at 23rd of May and no more actual.
Of course, we can back to this question and I am ready to help you with any question.

Yes, Facebook API can work with "share", "like" features and there is an option to count both stats (like and share) which is used in our element.
Thereby, if the page has 13 likes and 5 shares, our element displays number 18 in the counter.
As I understood you need to count only shared pages (5 shares instead of 18) and probably to display both ZOO elements on the site: standard social "like it" icon and our Social Share element.
We have patched the element for you to meet these requirements and already installed on your site, so, now Social Share count only "shared" pages only.
Is it what you've expected?

There shouldn't be any conflict between standard "like it" element and "Social Share" element, just different approach of counting.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Eugene.

Thanks!

1 year 4 months ago #394
Topic Author

Hi Eugene,
thank you so much for your awesome support and your detailed explanation.
You got me right: what I wanted is to have two different options displayed: one "like" button, counting only likes, and one "share" button, counting only "share", independent of the amount of likes (and vice versa).
Thank you so much for installing a patch on my site - even though I cannot see any difference by now... still the amount of "shares" reflect exactly the same amount of "likes". Or does the patch work only with new added blog items?
Best Regards,
Carla

1 year 4 months ago #395

Hello Carla,

Just been opened an URL with your site and yes, you're right - counters of both elements have identical value which is strange...
My apologizes for this issue!
Can I log in at the site back-end to re-install the patched element?

Thanks!

1 year 4 months ago #396
Topic Author

No problem! Yes, of course, go ahead and login again. Data are still the same.
Thank you!

1 year 4 months ago #397

Hi Carla,

I've forwarded this issue to technical staff member and awaiting his response. I'll inform you immediately about the progress. We'll solve this issue tomorrow.

Have a nice evening and talk to you later.
Eugene.

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Product Latest Update