Using Stripe payments in store - Phoca POS

2 weeks 2 days ago #3578
Topic Author

Hi

Does anyone know if the Phoca POS/Norr Next Stripe plugin and hand held card reader work together for in-store payments?

Would Phoca POS send the card reader the Payment info and then detect a payment back from the card reader?

Without the hardware I cannot test this :) So, wondered if anyone had tried?

Regards

David

2 weeks 1 day ago #3579

Hi David.

I have an answer from Phoca Cart developer:

There is no such option yet, this is very difficult to achieve without hardware, so mostly it is used next to each other, you have "dummy" card payment method and you just finish the order in POS and in card terminal you just manually add the amount.

For now I only tested to connect pos to scanner or printer, so it can get inputs from scanner - e.g. to scan ean. And it can print immediately to pos printer.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

2 weeks 1 day ago #3581
Topic Author

Hi Dmitry

No problem. I see you've contacted Jan (who was my next port of call) so, much appreciated. That helps - I can see now it is an interface at Phoca Cart hardware level, but it suggests that once this was addressed, the store payments would be possible.

Regards
David

Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by David Leeman.

1 week 5 days ago #3619

Yes I have contacted Jan :) In fact there is nothing we can do in the payment plugin at the moment as we do not manage POS from there.

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Follow us in social media