Detect Stripe dashboard refund activity - update 13 April 2021

2 months 3 days ago #3614 by David Leeman
Topic Author
Hi

I don't know if there is a flag event that can be detected to achieve this detection:
Is it possible for a future version of this plugin to detect a refund in the Stripe dashboard and automatically re-assign the Phoca Order Status?

Regards
David

2 months 3 days ago #3615 by Dmitry
Hi David,

Yes there is a 'charge.refunded' event that can be detected and processed. We can implement it for sure.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

3 weeks 6 days ago #3668 by Dmitry
Hi David,

Good news :) Feature is ready.
Would you be willing to test it? If so I can send you a development version to your email.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Thanks!

3 weeks 6 days ago #3669 by David Leeman
Topic Author
Hi Dmitry,

Excellent, many thanks. Yes, I would be happy to.

I have one live site that is set to offline right now while the store owners set up the bricks and mortar store ready for opening, so, that may be the ideal environment.

Kind regards
David

PS, I have sent the lscache issue as a forum entry to the Litespeed forum. It is, of course, not a Norr Next plugin problem.

3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #3672 by Dmitry
On your email ;)
Do not forget to set the order statuses in plugin options. It now supports Refunded and Partially Refunded payment statuses.

Dmitry

Thanks!
Last edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by Dmitry.

1 week 3 days ago #3767 by David Leeman
Topic Author
Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for sending me the updated plugin :)

Apologies for the delay, some work came in that needed my attention.

I have set up 'Partial Refund' as an Order Status in Phoca Cart and applied both Refund and Partial Refund to the plugin via the Payment > [Stripe PCI] > Payment Method Options.

Is the primary method of refund via Stripe dashboard, and then the Phoca Cart order status is changed via the webhook or is it designed to allow you to change the order status in Phoca Cart, and then Stripe is informed?

I'm guessing it must be the first option.
So you log into Stripe and perform either refund/partial refund, then the Status of the matching order in Phoca Cart is changed via webhook from Stripe.

If so, I may need to perform a few more tests.

Also, it seems that the cache header seems to work for lscache, which is a big help. I will need to test it more fully to confirm this but the connection between the site and Stripe does appear unaffected by enabling the Litespeed cache plugin now.

Nice!

Regards

David

1 week 3 days ago #3768 by Dmitry
Hi David.

The primary method of refund via Stripe dashboard, and then the Phoca Cart order status is changed via the webhook.

Probably it is possible vice versa, but there is no event for payment plugin in the Phoca. I need to talk to Phoca developer about it. May be he can add such events also for payment plugins.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Thanks!

1 week 3 days ago #3769 by David Leeman
Topic Author
Hi Dmitry

It is fine this way, as partial refunds would require logging into Stripe anyhow. Also, thinking about security, it is maybe not always a great idea to make refunds too easy.

Thanks again Dmitry and sorry it took so long to perform the tests. I shall do some more this weekend.

Kind regards

David

5 days 14 hours ago - 5 days 13 hours ago #3779 by David Leeman
Topic Author
Hi Dmitry

It seems after a few tests that the updated refund plugin does work. But, I will need to test it more on some live transactions on a live site. I don't have any of my own ecommerce sites running so these currently need to be tried via an end client's live site with ready access to their Stripe dashboard.

Installing the beta plugin did knock the webhook link even though the plugin url was untouched, but this has now corrected itself (it was something at Stripe's end - not sure what exactly).

I'll update you again in the next few days.

Regards
David
Last edit: 5 days 13 hours ago by David Leeman. Reason: typo

5 days 5 hours ago #3784 by Dmitry
Hi David,

Thank you for you update. It should work on live environment without a problem. But we are not in hurry with the new version :)

Dmitry

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Follow us in social media