Webhook Errors

1 year 4 months ago #3677 by Alexander Godknecht
Topic Author
I already sent 2 emails in the last 6 days but got no answers:

I have stripe for phoca cart. I set up the stripe test environment and copied the webhook provided by phoca cart stripe into the test webhook at stripe.

Now I get error messages from my stripe account:

Error Message from stripe:
---
We’re still having trouble sending requests in test mode to a webhook endpoint associated with your xx account. Stripe sends webhook events to your server to notify you of activity in your Stripe account, such as a completed payout or a newly-created invoice.

The URL of the failing webhook endpoint is:

https://"my.domain"/index.php?option=com_phocacart&view=response&task=response.paymentwebhook&type=stripe&tmpl=component&pid=0
--

Except for the pid, the webhook I copied is the same.

I also noticed the API version of stripe is 2020-08-27, in phoca stripe you write that I should use 2020-03-02. But I could not find a way to change the default API version of stripe in the dashboard.

If you need more info, just tell me. And, please, do not just do nothing

Alexander
The topic has been locked.
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #3678 by Dmitrijs
Replied by Dmitrijs on topic Webhook Errors
Hi Alexander,

Thanks for writing us. I've checked out and found both of your emails in the spam box. In fact, we are providing the support via this forum, so this topic is the right way for communication.

Regarding your problem - the issue is in pid=0. It is a bug in the current version of plugin that will be fixed. You need to open the plugin options once again and check there the webhook URL - it should contain pid that is grater then 0.

I also noticed the API version of stripe is 2020-08-27, in phoca stripe you write that I should use 2020-03-02. But I could not find a way to change the default API version of stripe in the dashboard.

You cannot change it, but it is OK to use greater version. There should not be any problems with it.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Dmitrijs.
1 year 4 months ago #3679 by Alexander Godknecht
Topic Author
Replied by Alexander Godknecht on topic Webhook Errors
Hi Dmitry
thank you for the fast answer :) It seems to work now, standard Stripe webhook post test went through. But when I send a test webhook event, e.g. "checkout.session.completed" or "invoice.paid" I gent an error 400. Maybe those are the wrong events?

Regarding my email ending up in the spam box, sorry! I check my mail servers every day against 47 black-lists. Could you please forward me the full headers of my emails so that I can check why they ended up in your spam box.

Kind regards and thank you!
Alexander
1 year 4 months ago #3680 by Dmitrijs
Alexander,

These events and are not supported. We do support events that are connected with payments and in the nearest time we will support also refund events.

Should we simply forward your email back to you?

Dmitry

Thanks!
1 year 4 months ago #3681 by Alexander Godknecht
Topic Author
Hi Dimitry

Yes, I thought as much. But I think it works now. It would have just been an easy and instant test for the webhooks. Do you have any event type I could check?

Yes please, just send my email back to me. Including full headers so that I can check why it ended up in your spam. I really don't know why that happened.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Kind regards

Alexander
1 year 4 months ago #3682 by Eugene
Replied by Eugene on topic Webhook Errors
Hi Alexander,
Let me comment on the situation around mails:

Yes please, just send my email back to me. Including full headers so that I can check why it ended up in your spam. I really don't know why that happened.

We can send your email back to you, it's not a problem. However, I doubt it can help a lot since there might be various reasons, e.g. mailbox server wher our emails are hosted has rejected your email, so the best way is to investigate mail logs which we cannot do since our corporate email is served by an external mail service.

Regards,
Eugene

Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
1 year 4 months ago #3683 by Alexander Godknecht
Topic Author
Hi Dimitry

I know it is difficult to debug spam. But if I get the full headers, there usually are some remarks by your email system why an email landed in your spam folder. Like spamassassin ranking, too many hops, black lists, DNS problems ... whatever. It is a chance. I sent emails to about 6 different big email providers and had no problems. Even notorious Google did not mark them as spam ;)

Hey, thanks for your help which is critically out of scope of Phoca Stripe support ;)

Alexander
1 year 4 months ago #3684 by Dmitrijs
If you are receiving error 400 then everything is set up correctly.

There are no test events, but you can try to enable the test mode in Stripe and in the plugin options and do some test payments using the test cards
stripe.com/docs/testing#cards

Dmitry

Thanks!
1 year 4 months ago #3685 by Eugene
Replied by Eugene on topic Webhook Errors

Alexander Godknecht wrote: Hi Dimitry

I know it is difficult to debug spam. But if I get the full headers, there usually are some remarks by your email system why an email landed in your spam folder. Like spamassassin ranking, too many hops, black lists, DNS problems ... whatever. It is a chance. I sent emails to about 6 different big email providers and had no problems. Even notorious Google did not mark them as spam ;)

Hey, thanks for your help which is critically out of scope of Phoca Stripe support ;)

Alexander

Alexander,
No problem. Both emails with headers have been sent back to you.

Eugene

Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
1 year 4 months ago #3686 by Alexander Godknecht
Topic Author
Hi Eugene and Dimitry

Thank you for all your email support ;) I got them and now I try to find out why your provider thinks its spam.

Regarding Phoca Stripe everything works well with the Phoca Cart payments. I already did lots of test purchases and they worked. I was just worried about the webhook complaint emails stripe sent me. This problem was solved with a PID > 0. Thank you!!

Kind regards

Alexander

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Follow us in social media