Misleading error when typo in Stripe: Card Exp or CVV

3 weeks 3 days ago #3789 by Alexander Godknecht
Topic Author
Dear support

I noticed that with Stripe plugin for Phoca Cart when I enter a wrong Expiry Date or wrong CVV I get the error message:

"Your card does not support this type of purchase"

This is a little misleading in the above case. Does anyone know where I can change that? I looked at the language files of Phoca and Norrnext but could not find it. Maybe its hidden in parts in the code? I would like to change it maybe to:

"Your card does not support this type of purchase or you mistyped the Expiry Date or CVV"

I also noticed that the error message only comes in English language. A German version would be nice ;)

Kind regards

Alexander

3 weeks 23 hours ago #3790 by Dmitry
Hi Alexander.

This error message is coming from Stripe. But I have just tested the response codes using these test cards stripe.com/docs/testing#cards-responses and I have the correct response messages.

And in my case the response messages were in Russian, though I was using English on the website. So probably Stripe is using your browser language, not sure at 100%.

If you are familiar with browser developer console you can examine the response answers from Stripe in case of errors. Interesting what response code comes for "Your card does not support this type of purchase".

Best regards,
Dmitry

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

3 weeks 23 hours ago #3792 by Dmitry
And here is what Stripe says about "Your card does not support this type of purchase" from Stripe support.stripe.com/questions/your-card-d...n-processing-payment

Thanks!

2 weeks 6 days ago #3798 by Alexander Godknecht
Topic Author
Hi Dimitry

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I read the stripe documentation on card errors. I will have a look into it, maybe I write to Stripe or maybe I'll try to catch this string and change it using document.write, not elegant, I know.

Kind regards

Alexander

2 weeks 1 day ago #3800 by Dmitry
Hi Alexander.

Would be nice if can follow up on it. If we can do anything here on the plugin side then we can try.
document.write of course is not the best way to deal with it :)

Best regards,
Dmitry

Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Follow us in social media