New Stripe Checkout Plugin for Phoca Cart

1 week 22 hours ago #3941 by David Leeman
Topic Author
Hi

Just installed the new plugin live on a busy ecommerce site and so far allis well. I've tested it upto the Stripe checkout screen but not entered any card details yet; however, all is well and the emails to the user are triggered too.

It would be great to see this evolve and take over more of the current Phoca Cart checkout screen fields (not sure if this is possible) or have the checkout screen capture the customer's email so that it does not need entering again on the checkout screen.

But, so far so good. Great work

Regards
David

1 week 22 hours ago - 1 week 22 hours ago #3942 by Eugene
Dear David,
Thank you for purchasing the new version.
We have just been discovered a bug - in some cases products that have attributes with different prices, such product prices are being calculated in the wrong way and transferred to Stripe. So, please disable the new plugin on the live e-commerce site to avoid problems with different prices until we release a hotfix. The new update will follow soon and we announce it via the blog post and all customers personally.

It would be great to see this evolve and take over more of the current Phoca Cart checkout screen fields (not sure if this is possible) or have the checkout screen capture the customer's email so that it does not need entering again on the checkout screen.

Could you give me more details on what exactly fields you mean, please?
The new plugin uses an external checkout URL being processed on the Stripe side. All necessary data that Stripe needs are already transferring.

Regards,
Eugene

Like our extensions and support?
Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5 score review:: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Last edit: 1 week 22 hours ago by Eugene.

1 week 16 hours ago - 1 week 16 hours ago #3943 by David Leeman
Topic Author
Hi Eugene

I have disabled the plugin for now as advised. Thank you for letting me know.

When I tested the system the process went as follows:

Add item to cart
Click Go to Checkout
Phoca Cart Checkout begins with login or guest account
add address email etc. tick if shipping address is same as billing (all usual Phoca Cart checkout steps)
select Stripe Checkout as payment
Confirm
Proceed to payment
Site diverts to Stripe Checkout with items present and card/payment fields blank, email address of user blank (even though this information is added in Phoca Cart Checkout)

I imagine at some point it may become more like Shopify with Buy Now Plugin button or Alternative Stripe checkout plugin button for Stripe in the Cart module or Item View? Maybe  I've missed something?

Regards
David
Last edit: 1 week 16 hours ago by David Leeman. Reason: typo

6 days 35 minutes ago - 6 days 35 minutes ago #3944 by Dmitry
Hi David,

Fix is upcoming :)

We are always open for suggestions and are happy to make UI as smooth as possible.
I will check Stripe docs, probably it is possible to pass some data to Stripe Checkout screen to make it prefilled.

Best regards,
Dmitry

Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!
Last edit: 6 days 35 minutes ago by Dmitry.

3 days 22 hours ago #3961 by Dmitry
Hi David,

Good news - the bug is fixed and we are testing now. At the moment it seems like all is good.

Also I found a way to pass the customer email to Stripe checkout screen and it now is prefilled. Stripe API have this option.

Dmitry

Add your voice to the JED listing with a 5-score review: bit.ly/2ciJBqC
Thanks!

You can get our help: Monday - Friday / 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT+2). but not limited. Our staff will be pleased to provide Premium support to every paid subscriber asap, but sometimes you should be ready to wait for our reply for up to 3 days. In case of free extensions we do the best to develop and maintain them either, but their support is not necessary.

Follow us in social media